Transferring .duf files from one computer to another.

Hello, so I've been creating on one computer, saving the scene then emailing it to my rendering one. The only problem is sometimes the scence is too large for ordinary email or even Dropbox. Another issue is once the scene is loaded in DS on my rendering computer, it won't let me save it.

Is there any way of manually taking a .duf scene file stored in DS on one computer and placing it in the same directory on another?

Thanks

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388
    edited August 2021

Haruki790 said:

Another issue is once the scene is loaded in DS on my rendering computer, it won't let me save it.

Check if you have set the same "author" in DS preferences on both computers. If a scene's author name is different from the one you have set in DS (no name set either in the scene or in DS is always considered as different) then DS won't let you save it, only save a copy as a new scene (so you don't risk overwriting a scene from a product, for example).

Is there any way of manually taking a .duf scene file stored in DS on one computer and placing it in the same directory on another?

USB drive?

Post edited by Leana on
  • Haruki790Haruki790 Posts: 55
    edited August 2021

I see, so even with a USB drive I may not be able to save my scenes to DS on the other computer, only render them?

So, "Author" in DS preferences is the file name? I'm sorry, just not familiar with this.

Post edited by Haruki790 on
  • Haruki790 said:

I see, so even with a USB drive I may not be able to save my scenes to DS on the other computer, only render them?

You should be able to work on scenes, otherwise we wouldn't be able to use content

So, "Author" in DS preferences is the file name? I'm sorry, just not familiar with this.

No, but the Author name iss tored in the file and if it doesn't match the current author name then Save will function as Save As. It's to protect against accidentally overwriting add-on content; you can of course choose ti save with the same name, then say yes when asked if you really want to overwrite to update the file even in the face of the name check.

• Oh yes, I can work on scenes, I just can't save them.

Is there any way of putting the .duf scene file directly into the scene library on my other computer?

• What happens when you try to save?