Gen 8 Help

I get this message when I open up any Genesis 8 character.................The Following Files Could Not Be Found .......... studio/my library/people/genesis 8 female/characters/genesis8female.dsf

Any ideas on how to fix this would be very helpful.

Thanks

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Does your Genesis 8 Female actually load? If so, I remember this was an issue a while back. IIRC, one product had a typo where they put a space in the file path, causing Daz to look for a file that doesn't exist.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

zigcramp_1fa8fdda66 said:

I get this message when I open up any Genesis 8 character.................The Following Files Could Not Be Found .......... studio/my library/people/genesis 8 female/characters/genesis8female.dsf

Any ideas on how to fix this would be very helpful.

Thanks

Have you installed any new character lately? Especially freebies? The path listed as not found doesn't seem right.

• I get this message period, even opening up a Daz Genesis basic 8 female.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

zigcramp_1fa8fdda66 said:

I get this message period, even opening up a Daz Genesis basic 8 female.

When loading base G8F DS needs to process all the morphs you have installed so it can create the dials in the parameters / shaping pane. So if there's an error in the data files for any of the characters you have installed you'll get a message even when loading base G8F and not that character.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

The path indicates that it is due to some installed freebie for G8F, that is the kind of mistake that would definitely have been caught in QA

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,070

Try re-downloading and installing the Genesis 8 Essentials.

• FenixPhoenix said:

Try re-downloading and installing the Genesis 8 Essentials.

Thanks, that did it