Kennedy's Smile (Kennedy Character by 3D Universe)

amysparklesamysparkles Posts: 99

I recently purchased the Kennedy bundle for Genesis 8 in the recent sale, and noticed when I load her into a scene, she has a smile that I cannot remove. https://www.daz3d.com/kennedy-bundle-for-genesis-8-females

I checked 'currently used' to see if the character's also loading an expression, and cannot seem to find anything. Obviuosly, with her smiling like that, it is difficult to give her other expressions.

If anyone has this character, how do you remove the smile that loads with Kennedy?

I generally do not use characters straight out of the box and use the hair, clothing and skins on characters I've shaped myself. But Kennedy looks so cute I thought I'd render a few scenes with her. The smile that cannot be removed though limits her expressions. She even comes with an expressions pack, but they all look odd with the smile in the background.

Post edited by amysparkles on

Comments

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

My guess is that she's been (wrongly) set up with a smile expression that has a default value of 100%. If so, that won't show up on "currently used," because that only shows values that are other than their default values.

If I'm right, you could scroll through all her expression morphs and look for values greater than 0% (but still greyed out). There are probably cleverer ways to do it, but that's what I'd try. You should also raise a ticket with the help desk to get this fixed.

• chris-2599934 said:

My guess is that she's been (wrongly) set up with a smile expression that has a default value of 100%. If so, that won't show up on "currently used," because that only shows values that are other than their default values.

If I'm right, you could scroll through all her expression morphs and look for values greater than 0% (but still greyed out). There are probably cleverer ways to do it, but that's what I'd try. You should also raise a ticket with the help desk to get this fixed.

Hi chris,

I doubled checked and went through all the expressions settings, including the pose controls for mouth, cheeks, eyes etc, and they're all set to zero. I have suspicions the smile the character loads with has been sculpted into the mesh as part of the character morph.

If I set the Kennedy head morph to zero, the smile disappears and I'm left with the default G8 head. So the smile must be part of the character morph itself. Strange!

• felisfelis Posts: 4,198

amysparkles said:

chris-2599934 said:

Hi chris,

I doubled checked and went through all the expressions settings, including the pose controls for mouth, cheeks, eyes etc, and they're all set to zero. I have suspicions the smile the character loads with has been sculpted into the mesh as part of the character morph.

If I set the Kennedy head morph to zero, the smile disappears and I'm left with the default G8 head. So the smile must be part of the character morph itself. Strange!

What if you instead of zeroing her, dials her headmorph out. What happens then?