Duplicate key

csbond2csbond2 Posts: 46

Can anyone tell me what is causing this.

It started shortly after I added a second hard drive because of how much assets I was getting I've already went in and deleted several things off that daz installer added to the second hard drive even though I didn't ask it to install it but now it's taking about 4 to 6 minutes for a Genesis 8 to load any help would be appreciated.
txt
txt
cloudLog.txt
Post edited by csbond2 on

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Have you tried uninstalling "Emma for Genesis 3 & 8", the product that's causing the error?

• csbond2csbond2 Posts: 46
    I will give that a shot if it doesn't work I will post what I get then.
  • margrave said:

Have you tried uninstalling "Emma for Genesis 3 & 8", the product that's causing the error?

It probably isn't that Emma causing the problem, it's that there are two Emmas and they are both using the same morph name to drive another identically named property. Either on its own would be error free. Ideally both will be updated to use unique names.

Richard Haseltine said:

margrave said:

It probably isn't that Emma causing the problem, it's that there are two Emmas and they are both using the same morph name to drive another identically named property. Either on its own would be error free. Ideally both will be updated to use unique names.

I presume the OP accidentally duplicated the product when moving content to the new hard drive. If so, deleting it through DIM would delete the product at the designated file path while leaving the duplicate untouched, correct? 

• margrave said:

Richard Haseltine said:

margrave said:

I presume the OP accidentally duplicated the product when moving content to the new hard drive. If so, deleting it through DIM would delete the product at the designated file path while leaving the duplicate untouched, correct? 

I've not noticed actual duplicate files causing the issue.

Richard Haseltine said:

I've not noticed actual duplicate files causing the issue.

The log file says the "product_guid" already exists. I would expect each Daz product to have its own Globally Unique ID, which implies OP has the same product installed twice. 

• Ah, sorry - I was stuck on Duplicate Formulas. I think that could actually be a metadata issue, rather than a local issue with the files, so it is may be worth opening a support ticket

Actually I put the wrong log file in there that's the log file for where it starts up and you sign in I do have duplicate formulas in there and I have found what I need to take out I just haven't had time to do it yet but I will repost once I get that taken care of and let everybody know whether it worked or not.
    edited August 2021

Okay I removed the character called Mercy HD but my question is even though that fixed the problem and it's loading much faster am I not going to be able to use this character because it's one that I really like I'm putting the actual log file in here to show what was going on any response would be appreciated.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    Post edited by csbond2 on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Where to start---

First up the Duplicate Keys, seen a few reports of these in the past 6 months or so, I suspect that someone at DAZ has changed something in a product, then Connect has had a brain fart when it's seen the changes.

The Duplicate Formula is the standard two products with the same internal asset IDs. Did a search and there are at least three G8F characters called Mercy, two sold here at DAZ and the other over at Renderosity, wouldn't be surprised to find you have two of them or all three.
    The problem is poor workflow and bad habits, as a result you have two products with "Mercy Head" and "Mercy Body" as the asset IDs, and thanks to the animated joint centers about 1K+ Duplicate Formula errors in the log.

Richard I think someone should have a word with Zeddicuss, and tell him/her to stop making alias files as he/she is so effing bad at them, first one I've seen with syntax errors, the others I've seen are normally bad ERC pathways.

You have an eyelash morph called "3DA Lashes" that has bad parent data, as a result DS wont load it.

Looks like the character Baila by SASE is having a hard time finding G8F's facial rigging, not sure why as it appears to be looking in the right place.

And a whole stack of vender cock ups and missing dependances to add to the mess.

• I had reported a duplicate key to support not too long ago. Apparently, the conflict was with another product from the same vendor which makes me assume that the vendor miight have simply copy-pasted the metadata from one of their older products and forgot to change the guid. Can't think of any other way how a globally unique id can ever have duplicates.

These kind of errors can easily be overlooked by QA if they are just testing the product in isolation. Most of those duplicate keys/formulas could have been avoided if QA validated the product by installing it on an existing content library loaded with all products from this store (atleast). But based on the kind off issues I keep seeing in the logs, I wonder if the QA ever bothers to check the log during the validation process.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013
    edited August 2021

mrinal said:

I had reported a duplicate key to support not too long ago. Apparently, the conflict was with another product from the same vendor which makes me assume that the vendor miight have simply copy-pasted the metadata from one of their older products and forgot to change the guid. Can't think of any other way how a globally unique id can ever have duplicates.

These kind of errors can easily be overlooked by QA if they are just testing the product in isolation. Most of those duplicate keys/formulas could have been avoided if QA validated the product by installing it on an existing content library loaded with all products from this store (atleast). But based on the kind off issues I keep seeing in the logs, I wonder if the QA ever bothers to check the log during the validation process.

DAZ makes the metadata, not the vendor.

There is no such thing as "globally unique id", there is "id" like "CTRLJulie", "name" can also be "CTRLJulie" and "label" which can be "Julie".

"Label" is used to identify the morphdials and I think the "name" is used to call the morph by other morphs, but I haven't been able to confirm it since usually the "id" and the "name" are the same.

If another vendor also makes a character called "Julie", it is highly likely, he/she is using the same names for these three.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • PerttiA said:

mrinal said:

I had reported a duplicate key to support not too long ago. Apparently, the conflict was with another product from the same vendor which makes me assume that the vendor miight have simply copy-pasted the metadata from one of their older products and forgot to change the guid. Can't think of any other way how a globally unique id can ever have duplicates.

DAZ makes the metadata, not the vendor.

There is no such thing as "globally unique id", there is "id" like "CTRLJulie", "name" can also be "CTRLJulie" and "label" which can be "Julie".

"Label" is used to identify the morphdials and I think the "name" is used to call the morph by other morphs, but I haven't been able to confirm it since usually the "id" and the "name" are the same.

If another vendor also makes a character called "Julie", it is highly likely, he/she is using the same names for these three.

You are probably referring to duplicate formulas, as they are based on product names. This thread is about duplicate key errors which are raised by the CMS database while installing the associated metadata of a product. And those entries are supposed to be globally unique 32-digit hexadecimal characters (as per daz's implementation). A random probability of encountering such a duplicate key is one in 16^32 occurrences. Now if you do a site-wide search for "duplicate key value violates unique constraint" you would be shocked at the recurring pattern of users here encountering the error which has such low probability. How would you explain such a mathematical improbability, if not attributing to copy-pasted values from existing products? And it makes no difference whether Daz or the PAs are responsible for assigning those guids. The fact that users are encountering these errors so frequently reflects the low process maturity during both QA and metadata creation stages of product release.
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Actually mrinal it's about both, the OPs first post is about duplicate keys, but after that it's about duplicate formulas.

• Sensual ArtSensual Art Posts: 641
    edited August 2021

Bejaymac said:

Actually mrinal it's about both, the OPs first post is about duplicate keys, but after that it's about duplicate formulas.

You are right. I only checked the original post and commented. Probably OP should update the log file and subject lines in their original post.

EDIT: Regardless of that, it does not diminish the cause of the problems with encountering duplicate keys, and the fact that it took 9 months for Daz to acknowledge and fix the problem by updating the metadata from their end.

Post edited by Sensual Art on
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 737

Getting duplicate key error for the following products. How do we address these issues?

ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "product_guid_key"

UPDATE "product" SET name = 'SBibb Kitten Poses and Morph', default_name = 'SBibb Kitten Poses and Morph', store_id = 1, token = '79534', artists = 'SBibb'
    UPDATE "product" SET name = 'Reindeer Irradiator and Poses', default_name = 'Reindeer Irradiator and Poses', store_id = 1, token = '79531', artists = 'FeralFey,Orestes Graphics'
    UPDATE "product" SET name = 'Only Dress for Genesis 8 Female', default_name = 'Only Dress for Genesis 8 Female', store_id = 1, token = '79530', artists = 'Anain,Belladona'
    UPDATE "product" SET name = 'Mars the planet', default_name = 'Mars the planet', store_id = 1, token = '78736', artists = 'Alvin Bémar
    UPDATE "product" SET name = 'Stylized Animations for Genesis 8', default_name = 'Stylized Animations for Genesis 8', store_id = 1, token = '74489', artists = 'Daz Originals'
    UPDATE "product" SET name = 'Beauties of the World for Genesis 8 Female', default_name = 'Beauties of the World for Genesis 8 Female', store_id = 1, token = '72333', artists = 'Cherubit,Daz Original'
    UPDATE "product" SET name = 'Variety Facial Hair for Genesis 8 Male(s)', default_name = 'Variety Facial Hair for Genesis 8 Male(s)', store_id = 1, token = '54695', artists = 'RedzStudio'
    UPDATE "product" SET name = 'Industrial Pneumatic Tools', default_name = 'Industrial Pneumatic Tools', store_id = 1, token = '20499', artists = 'Nightshift3D'
    UPDATE "product" SET name = 'Genesis Starter Essentials', default_name = 'Genesis Starter Essentials', store_id = 1, token = '14812', artists = 'DAZ 3D,MAB,Neftis3D,Nouschka Design,PropsChick,Redhouse Studios,SWAM,Sarsa,WillDupre,Xena,Goldtassel,omnifreaker'
    UPDATE "product" SET name = 'Lisa''s Botanicals - Palm Trees', default_name = 'Lisa''s Botanicals - Palm Trees', store_id = 1, token = '4751', artists = 'Lisa''s Botanicals'

Still getting duplicate keys on some assets with the latest Studio release.

Reindeer Irradiator and Poses
    SBibb Kitten Poses and Morph
    Mars the planet
    Stylized Animations for Genesis 8
    Beauties of the World for Genesis 8 Female
    Only Dress for Genesis 8 Female
    Industrial Pneumatic Tools
    Variety Facial Hair for Genesis 8 Male(s)
    Lisa''s Botanicals - Palm Trees
    Genesis Starter Essentials

Anuy fixes or should i resort to the links in this post.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/740/

• Tugpsx said:

Mars the planet

That is an issue that needs to be fixed in the product metadata, not in DS.

Richard Haseltine said:

Tugpsx said:

Mars the planet

That is an issue that needs to be fixed in the product metadata, not in DS.

So does this means i should ignore these error untill the products are updated? I guess since it is the prduct_guid_key we dont have a choice until the vendor corrects the issue.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

DAZ does the metadata, not the vendor.

• edited September 2021

Regardless of the causes (which IS something worth knowing), you can work around this issue by giving the offending products new GUIDs.

Select one of the products, right-click on it, and select "Edit Metadata..."

At the top right of the panel that appears, click "Generate" next to the GUID display. Then you can hit "Accept" at the bottom, and now the CMS knows it by a unique GUID.

Do that for each product that throws an error.

Post edited by ghost_of_delete_key on

Thanks for the info. will try to see how well it works.