Dforce stopped working freezing Daz Studio

cstrauss42acstrauss42a Posts: 83

Dforce was working fine up until today, I am not sure what had happened but now it freezes daz when I run the simulation. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled and it is still doing it. I am using version 4.15. Does anyone experience this as well or know what I can do to fix it?

Edit:

One thing I noticed after I posted this was my Nvida graphics card was turned off. I just did an update on the driver yesterday so I am wondering if something in the driver affects dforce? Again any help would be great. 

Post edited by cstrauss42a on

Comments

• Is the GPU listed as available in the Advanced tab of Simulation Settings?

• Yes, it shows my GPU is listed and checked in the advanced tab. I even rolled back my driver 466.71 and still does not work. I am sure it has something to do with my driver or something because after I updated my driver I remember getting that Kernnal message in daz and that is when it stopped working and my Nvidia was disabled I had to reinstall the driver to get it to be recognized by my system. 

Could it be possible daz is only recognizing my intel integrated driver even though it showing up in the advance tab?

DAZ Studio 4.15 Pro 8_2_2021 7_14_47 AM.png
    1920 x 1017 - 154K
  • I got it fixes after discussing it with another Daz member who had the same problem. It appears updates to your driver can change the settings in your advance tab in simulation settings to OpenGL. So I attached photos in case any one else has this problem they can see where to check

DAZ Studio 4.15 Pro 8_2_2021 7_41_53 AM_2.png
    1920 x 1017 - 151K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,368
    edited August 2021

That is the setting I was asking about. Note that it is OpenCL, not OpenGL - two different standards, the former related to using the hardware for computing while the latter is about graphics.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Thanks, Richard, strange a driver update would change the setting it's never happened before, but at least it is fixed and I know I how to defeat it if it ever happens again