Change all textures plugin?

Can anyone tell me if there's a product or plugin that can display all the texture images used in a scene, let me select 1 and replace it with a new image that will then replace that image in every material in the scene that uses it?

For example, I have 4 buildings that i've already changed to all use the same concrete image by going through the materials of all 4 buildings and manually replacing them. Now I've decided I want to use a brick image instead. Ideally I'd open said plugin, it shows all the images used in the scene, I select the concrete image, edit/replace, browse to the brick image and all the surfaces that used the concrete image, now use the brick image.

Is there something like that?

Comments

• kaotkbliss said:

Can anyone tell me if there's a product or plugin that can display all the texture images used in a scene, let me select 1 and replace it with a new image that will then replace that image in every material in the scene that uses it?

For example, I have 4 buildings that i've already changed to all use the same concrete image by going through the materials of all 4 buildings and manually replacing them. Now I've decided I want to use a brick image instead. Ideally I'd open said plugin, it shows all the images used in the scene, I select the concrete image, edit/replace, browse to the brick image and all the surfaces that used the concrete image, now use the brick image.

Is there something like that?

Well, there's another way. Make a note of the exact name of the existing texture image that you want to replace, put a copy of the new texture you want to use in the same folder. {this can be on the fly by browsing to the image folder and using right-click options}. Then rename the old texture to anything else, rename the new texture to have the exact name the original texture had. 

Now sometimes using the commands in D/S to refresh the images works, but usually I find it doesn't, so I close D/S, reopen D/S, reload the scene. And the new texture should be in use.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

FSMCDesigns said:

Maybe this product https://www.daz3d.com/maps-copier-gatherer-renamer

I'll look into that, thanks. It sounds like it's close to what I'm looking for so I might be able to work around it's intended use.