DAZ STUDIO NOT USING GPU (resolved)

potatopealorpotatopealor Posts: 59
edited September 2021 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I recently noticed that my GPU is almost inactive when rending in IRAY. I have an RTX 3080 GPU coupled with a Ryzen 9 5900x CPU, am using the latest version of DAZ (version 4.15.0.2) and have the latest NVIDIA driver installed (version 471.41). Advanced render settings show devices: CPU and CUDA 0 - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 (WDDM - Display) are both TICKED in photoreal and interactive modes. All three options in General are also TICKED.

How can I fix this so that both CPU and GPU are being used for the most optimal renders?

Post edited by potatopealor on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,854

In render settings, click advanced and check that your GPU is listed and with a checkmark.

And then try to render a simple scene and look in the log (Help > Troubleshooting > View log) and see what it says.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,159
    edited July 2021

potatopealor said:

I recently noticed that my GPU is almost inactive when rending in IRAY.

How did you check that?

Task manager default display doesn't show CUDA activity, for example, so it would show your card as inactive while it's in fact used.

Post edited by Leana on
  • thanks for the replies I figured it out...it actually was being used. for those who think your gpu is not working, just navigate to task manager > performance > gpu > dedicated gpu memory (this will be working at full capacity or close to it.)

• Hi -- I had same issues and found this YouTube Video which explains how to apply NVIDIA hardware to Daz Studio  

Cheers

• User 4876User 4876 Posts: 29
    edited March 3

Thanks so much, this helped a great deaI. I can see the difference in the Task manager, much better performance! Thanks again!

Post edited by User 4876 on