Looking for the right description - Hierarchical Pose? (Solved)

richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,514

I'd like to save a prop (the musical instrument in the image) as an item parented to the figure's hand as well as applying a pose to the left and right arms so I can distribute it as a freebie.

Can I ask if this is a hierarchical pose? Or is it something else? I'm willing to research how to do it, but not sure what to search for at the moment. I suspect I could - in extremis - write a script to do this, but I'm sure there is a way of doing it direct in DS, but just at the moment I don't know what to look for because I don't know the name of what I am trying to do.

If anyone could tell me the proper name for what I want to do, I'd appreciate it. And I'd appreciate it even more if you could show me to a description with a link.

Regards

Richard

Guo Luk 01 R02.png
1436 x 936 - 2M
Post edited by richardandtracy on

Comments

• If you want to load the prop you would need a wearables preset, once loaded you could use a hierarchical pose preset to adjust it and the figure's pose at once.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,514

Ah ha. Thanks Richard.

Is there no way to do it in one hit? I mean the loading and posing?

Regards,

Richard

• The wearables preset can include the posing, I meant if you wanted to adjust the pose later (if the pose required the guitar to be in a different position relative to whatever bone it is parented to) you could then use a hierarchical pose preset.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,514
    Ah, thanks. Sounds like my query is solved. Many thanks. Regards, Richard.