Any way to find what scene items are emissive?

Is there any way to find exactly what items in a scene have an active emissive surface?

I have just tried out the free Iray Simple Multi-Pass Render script, and found it rendererd a couple of props as an unwanted light source [because they had surface emissions set really low] - obviouslyy this wastes time, so without having to check every scene surface manually is there a script or another way of finding active Emissives? 

Thanks

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822
    edited July 2021

I believe you can find emissive surfaces by selecting everything in your scene, choosing "Currently Used" from the Surfaces tab, and then filtering by whatever property you want to search for. The caveat is that "Currently Used" only works if the PA didn't memorize the property (i.e. the number is white, rather than default gray).

Post edited by margrave on
  • edited August 2021

Thanks for the reply. It did occur to me to look into the currently used tab, but I wasn't entirely sure whether that would be correct. Thanks again for the suggestion, I will try it out on my next scene.

Post edited by rolanddm800_70e5699a33 on
  • chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

If you have/buy it, you could use https://www.daz3d.com/iray-light-manager-pro

• GhostDogGhostDog Posts: 156
    edited August 2021

Iray Light Manager Pro (mentioned above) makes this a breeze. It even lets you select just them and alter them all together. 

Post edited by GhostDog on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,878
    Another vote for Iray Light Manager Pro. It is a very useful product.
  • Thanks everyone, I will check that product out.