Body is white when clothing applied

Hello everyone.  I'm having a bit of an issue with applying clothing to a character.  The body seems to be white, however the limbs are converted into the clothing they should be in.  

Is this a common issue?  

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,191

It sounds like you are apllying the material to the character instead of the clothing.

Or unless it is a geoshell, and that the rest of the geoshell is not set to transparant.

Which clothing item is it?'

And try to attach a picture of what you are seeing.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

moosehead said:

Hello everyone.  I'm having a bit of an issue with applying clothing to a character.  The body seems to be white, however the limbs are converted into the clothing they should be in.  

Is this a common issue?  

Your limbs shouldn't be converting into anything. Daz Studio applies clothing as more geometry layered atop the figure.

• CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206

This sounds like a geo shell issue breaking the skin textures, if you have other grafts that require script to copy the same skin shaders to that new body part geo shells will break discoloring the area that needs colour matching to the body tone.

• Hey all, thanks for your replies back then.  My apologies about not replying.  I wasn't seeing notifications for your messages.

I can answer my own question now, as when I wrote this, I was only in my first week of DAZ.

It turns out the product I was using was a geoshell meant for Genesis 8 models, but I was using it on a Genesis 8.1 model.  That was causing the greying out.