Rounding Edges in Daz - Could it be done?

I just recently learned how to use the Geometry editor and it's a life saver from trying to render things in post work and all that. But now I've got a bit of a problem - 

I isolated the portion of the prop that I wanted, but it's got some empty spaces/sharp edges that are a bit unsightly. I'd like to round them out, make them look like they were meant to be there rounded. Is this something that could be done in Daz or should I be using Hexagon to do something like this? 

Some points for me to consider are that 1) I've never touched Hexagon aside from when i first started using Daz cause I thought that was Daz (silly me) 2) I'm under the impression that what I'm trying to do is way above my skill level, but there's no harm in trying to learn. 

Thanks for all the support! 

Comments

• Gemini QueenGemini Queen Posts: 263

Thought it might be a good idea to upload some examples of what I'm talking about.  (duh, clearly my brain is off) The first image is what it currently looks like in the back (on the bottom too) and then the second image is what I would like to make the who thing look like with rounded edges. 

Untitled 2.png
    2640 x 1027 - 574K
    Untitled.png
    2640 x 1027 - 600K
  • margravemargrave Posts: 1,822
    The Uber shader can fake beveling with the Rounded Corners settings, but it can only do so much. If you want to edit the actual geometry, you need to export it to modelling software.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,368
    edited July 2021

In principle, apply SubD and then use the Geometry Editor to weight the edgs to cotnrol how much they are smoothed.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Took me a second to get back around to this, but thank you both for the suggestions!