dForce won’t recognize other figures?

Hello,

So brand new computer (good one, too). I install DAZ fresh. Suddenly all my planes I used as a "floor" in simulations don't work and my hair clips through my figure as if it isn't there. Tried everything. Everything is visible in the simulation, explicitly added the floor as a static object, reset everything to defaults, uninstalled and reinstalled DAZ (x2). I even tried using floor objects and props from other content. Nothing. 

I noticed some other people had similar issues starting last year, but all of those people got written off and no concrete answer was provided. 

Anyone have ideas?

Comments

• evitcanievitcani Posts: 14

Tried doing 96 divisions on a plane and cranked the "view subd level" up to 2 and the "render subd level minimum" to 3 for the plane. This seems to have done the trick though I never needed to before. 

• I'm having the same issue, but even using the settings you've listed. My steps were: create a 2m plane with 96 divisions, apply Static Surface, apply SubD, and set SubD to 2 for viewport and 3 for render. Thing is, every single dForce hair I try still goes right through the plane as if it doesn't even exist. The ones I've tried so far are "dForce Side Layered Messy Hair", "HS Keicy Short Hair", and "dForce Bang Bob Hair".

I've made sure the plane is visible in sim, the hair sims aren't frozen, etc. What the heck?