Stop, resume series render

I'm in Florida lighting capitol of world. It is not uncommon have to shut down pc and reboot hour later. But if I'm an hour into image series I don't want to start all over. Why can't we have ability move marker on timeline and render from that point forward? Seems like a no brainer Daz should have implemented long ago. Any scripts to track frames to restart a render where you left off?

Comments

• You can enter the range to render as numbers, and the range will default to match the play rnage set in the Timeline. Is this just a matter of being able to do it via a slider?

• I recently rendered a 423 frame animation in 2 stages as an image sequence.  About halfway through, I cancelled rendering, opened my render library, and deleted the last rendered image (it was only partially rendered.)  Later in the day I did as Richard mentioned by entering the starting frame number (easy to see as the rendered images are sequentially numbered) and starting the image sequence render again.  Worked like a charm.

Of course, that doesn't work well if you want to automate/script the process, but it's not (for me) overly burdensome to do it the way I did.

Lee

• Where do you enter the frame number? 

When I click RENDER it just starts to render the series. It does not ask me what frame to start on?

• I found it!  Learn something new every day!

Thank you

• Excellent! So glad you have it working. :)

Lee