New Comp...Still Need An Answer Aug21/2021

2»

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

That pop up in DIM is new and a pain in the backside since you cannot get rid of until everything in that list is downloaded, you can cancel and close it though.  The first time running DIM you should check the Work Offline box so you can set your preferences.

• You can uncheck Show Automatically and just go package by package, in Install Manager.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,545

Ok got it, that search feature is handy. Thank you both

• jestmart said:

That pop up in DIM is new and a pain in the backside since you cannot get rid of until everything in that list is downloaded, you can cancel and close it though.  The first time running DIM you should check the Work Offline box so you can set your preferences.

You can get rid of it by disabling Show Automatically.

Ok first problem. Where are the Uberenvironments 1 & 2, they did not install with 4.12 32 bit, I can't find a downloadable Daz3 in my product library or in DIM, which the plugins were a part of, how do I get them again?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,891

Did you download the Default Resources?

edited August 2021

hmm let me look, I've missed things before...

Yup I did miss it...they need to darken that text and make it larger so I can see it lol

Thank you

LOL love the new avatar.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on

Ok serious problem...I installed both Daz 4.12 32bit & 4.14 64bit and installed all necessary files, the models and their morph packages. The models and morphs are on the Ddrive in an external My Library, though I did install dforce and other scripts and plugins on Cdrive where the program is installed. I don't know what went wrong, I can't apply any materials to the models or the clothes. The problem is happening in both versions. I looked under surfaces, and it shows the textures in their correct place, yet the image and the clothes only show grey or turn a lighter grey. It doesn't matter if I use 3DL or Iray, also don't matter what model I use, including V4 or props, old and new.

I'm at a complete loss as to what is wrong. I've attached a log for today, but I'm at a loss as to what anything in it means, I did see the word error a few times and not initialized a few times.

Hope someone can help.

txt
    txt
    log.txt

Ok solved the problem with textures not showing...had it set to the wrong view and needed to be on texture shaded.

I did have a problem with dforce, think I might be doing it wrong, going to watch some video's and see if I can figure it out. In the meantime will check here if anyone wants to respond. I pose the model then run the simulatioin for the Bardot outfit, only the skirt, it looks like it's doing it's job, moves the model in to position and then after a minute dforces the skirt, except the skirt didn't drape at all, it's the same as if I used conforming.

And solved the problem with dforce...I needed a reboot...lol

• It's surprising how often that is the solution...

Regards,

Richard

I know right. I figured I only needed to close and reopen the program, not a whole computer restart...lol

Question #12

So I want to know if I can delete these one's circeled in red. In image 3 I know I can right click to remove My Daz 3D Library, which is under both the Daz Studio Formats and the Poser Formats, yet don't have that option for the products or categories.

I'm asking because I want to keep my directories as organized as possible and I know I won't be using the products or categories sections. I don't want to delete anything unless I know it's okay to do so.

upload 01.png
    1014 x 253 - 19K
    Daz 02.PNG
    610 x 265 - 21K
    upload 03.png
    663 x 628 - 38K
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

They are database driven so I am pretty sure they will just get re-built.  Frankly I never use those and seldom use Smart Content.

• The top-level Products and Categories containers are not folders and cannot be deleted.

ok thank you both.