Daz keeps forgetting where a scene's textures are each time it's opened

QliphothQliphoth Posts: 14

So, for some reason Daz keeps trying to pull textures from this file path: 

c:/users/[name]/appdata/local/microsoft/windows/inetcache/ie/[Folders with random characters as names]

Instead of from the folder the textures are actually in. This is leading to me getting a "Missing files" error message due to missing textures when I open a previously saved scene. This is a brand new install on a brand new computer so I am very confused right now. Has anyone encountered this issue before or have any ideas about just what I can do about this glitch?

Post edited by Qliphoth on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,368
    edited July 2021

How did you apply the textues? Are you sure you didn't navigate to a compressed folder and grab from there, or drag them in from a zipped folder or from an email?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • QliphothQliphoth Posts: 14

I found the solution right after I posted asking for help. Apparently my Daz installation has decided that it doesn't like my custom textures directory being within it's normal content directory folders. I've moved it to another location on my computer and now it's playing nice. I don't know why it's being picky about that now when it didn't mind on my old computer, but if it insists then I'm more than happy to give it it's way so long as it works! 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,878

Qliphoth said:

I found the solution right after I posted asking for help. Apparently my Daz installation has decided that it doesn't like my custom textures directory being within it's normal content directory folders. I've moved it to another location on my computer and now it's playing nice. I don't know why it's being picky about that now when it didn't mind on my old computer, but if it insists then I'm more than happy to give it it's way so long as it works! 

Putting your custom textures in your normal content directory should work fine, unless that content directory is your Daz Connect data. I have all mine in runtime/textures/barbult and I have no problems with that. What folder are you putting them into?