Specific product impacting parameter/shaping/posing dials

I recently purchased the product Skalde of G8 and ran into a problem with one of its component pieces.  When the beard is loaded into the scene and onto the figure, it creates a heavy, heavy lag on the parameter/shaping and posing dials for everything in the scene.The dials become completely unusable with the only workaround being to manually enter numeric values, sort of playing a hit-or-miss game until getting the desired result. Delete the beard from the scene and everything is back to normal.  It would appear to somehow be resource/memory driven, but nothing else in the interface is impacted.

Just curious if this is something that can possibly be fixed or is it simply a bug/design flaw in the product?

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

How high is the SubD on the beard?

• When I look at Mesh Resolution in the Parameters tab, it only lists "Base" under the Resolution Levels setting.  I'm a little green when it comes to SubD.

• You'll likely want to reduce the Preview Line Tesselation Sides parameter.  It's in the beard parameters.  There's also a Tesselation parameter for rendering if you need to use it.

Hope that helps!

Lee

• leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

You'll likely want to reduce the Preview Line Tesselation Sides parameter.  It's in the beard parameters.  There's also a Tesselation parameter for rendering if you need to use it.

Hope that helps!

Lee

Yep, that did the trick.  Unfortunately, you lose the beard in the Iray preview mode, but it does make navigating the scene easier.  Thanks so much!

• GeoffreyHawkins said:

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

You'll likely want to reduce the Preview Line Tesselation Sides parameter.  It's in the beard parameters.  There's also a Tesselation parameter for rendering if you need to use it.

Hope that helps!

Lee

Yep, that did the trick.  Unfortunately, you lose the beard in the Iray preview mode, but it does make navigating the scene easier.  Thanks so much!

Awesome! So glad that worked for you.  There are also 2 material presets included with the beard to turn on/off faster previews. I stumbled upon those after my earlier reply. :)

Lee