Iray Preview won't work in a scene

When switching to Iray preview it will only display as if smooth shaded until I start moving camera cube, that's when the Iraq shows up but only as long as I hold the camera control and than it's gone again. When switching to another saved scene Iray view works fine even though other scenes have more data in it. I tried deleting everything accept the characters from the scene, I played with environment options, I have a new 3060 gpu rig. But nothing works. I am worried that over time this might become an issue when working with other scenes.

Comments

• bf2011bf2011 Posts: 149
    I meant Iray not Iraq, lol. Damn smart spelling
  • What happens if you use File>New, then File>Merge to load the problem sene - does it preview correctly? If so that would suggest an issue in Render Settings, if not it sounds like one of the pieces of content.

What happens if you use File>New, then File>Merge to load the problem sene - does it preview correctly? If so that would suggest an issue in Render Settings, if not it sounds like one of the pieces of content.

You mean load a new daz scene, go to File, Merge and chose the problem scene? If so, I tried it and the problem persists. But Thank you for trying to help as always Richard.
  • OK, if you do that it shouldn't be any of the render or other settings as they won't 9aside from the new singleton nodes) merge with the scene. Can you load the same content into a new scene and have the preview work?

I do have the same content in a different scene just different poses for g8 characters and Iray view works there. The scene that's having a problem, I had an architectural prop set in it " Chef's Kitchen and Living" than I deleted it from my scene but when I go into Iray and move the camera I can see an HDRI background image that I believe came with it but for some reason it didn't get deleted when I deleted the entire collection of everything that came with that set. I don't see it in the scene tab but it comes up in Iray view when I mess with the camera and I have no idea how to get rid of it. I have a good feeling this could be the cause of the problem. I went into Render tab - Environment to check if it's there but no it is set to default image not the one I see in the background.
  • The HDRI is set in Render Settings, and in the Environment node in the Scene pane

Set the environment map to none and the hdri was gone, didn't help with iray preview though.