Part of Dforce garment not simming

Any suggestions why part of a garment would not be simming - even though its materal has dynamics amount to 1 and similar material settings to its other parts? I cant find any weight group sor anything weithing the sim off 

Thanks for the help - 

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440

Add a dForce Modifier Weight Node to the garment to expose the dForce Weight Mapping. It allows you to inspect and/or change the influence, if you want, using the Weight Mapping tool. You can move the modifier to other items to see their respective weight mappings.

• bwise1701bwise1701 Posts: 247
    edited July 2021

Are there some sort of baked in dforce weights in the assets? Or are you saying just add a dforce weightnode so I can paint and override?

Post edited by bwise1701 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,878

Some products come with a dForce Modifier Weight Node already set up by the creating artist, but it is not shown in the Scene pane. (I don't know why that is). Adding a dForce Modifier Weight Node (it is on the Create menu) will make it visible in the Scene pane and you can use the Weight Map Brush tool to add weight to areas that you want to be more affected by dForce.

• barbult said:

Some products come with a dForce Modifier Weight Node already set up by the creating artist, but it is not shown in the Scene pane. (I don't know why that is). Adding a dForce Modifier Weight Node (it is on the Create menu) will make it visible in the Scene pane and you can use the Weight Map Brush tool to add weight to areas that you want to be more affected by dForce.

The node just gives access, so they set the weights up through a node and then delete it to avoid clutter. The weights belong to the modifier itself, but that isn't soemthing you can select for editing - hence the node (same with Push Modifiers and their access nodes).

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,878

Wow, thanks for the explanation, Richard.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440

bwise1701 said:

Are there some sort of baked in dforce weights in the assets? Or are you saying just add a dforce weightnode so I can paint and override?

Um-m, yeah, what they said. 

• bwise1701bwise1701 Posts: 247
    edited July 2021

Great info - thank you. I'll try that straight away

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

The node just gives access, so they set the weights up through a node and then delete it to avoid clutter. The weights belong to the modifier itself, but that isn't soemthing you can select for editing - hence the node (same with Push Modifiers and their access nodes).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on