External Drive Help Please

I'm not exactly new at DAZ it is my art hobby & supports my art.  However setting up an external drive seems more complicated than it should be.  Would someone be willing to show me how to hook up my external drive to hold all my content for DAZ?  I still have my old set up on my old computer, but the older content is a lot harder to access than it originally was & looks nothing like the original instal where all the older content was in the c:/documents.  It also doesn't look the same using DAZ Connect as when I used DIM.

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,255
    edited July 2021

I did not use DAZ Connect. I have used DIM for massive installs but use manual for everyday installs. Most all of my content is on an external drive. I set up a devoted folder for it. Pointed DIM to it. For manually installing content, esp. 3rd party content, first unzip to a sorting folder and make sure everything is in the right place before merging it into the main folder.

For the program to 'see' it ... from the Content Tab, that hamburger menu [bunch of lines] select the Content Directory Manager ... and make at least 2 additional pathways, one for the D/S content and one for the Poser content.

In my image you'll see some other directories listed, a couple seem to be a default thing, they kept reappearing so I just leave them there. My content is on the E drive.

Not all the older content [or 3rd party items] are going to show on Smart Content. Those are found using the Content Library Tab.

Content Directory Manager.png
    468 x 472 - 35K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Thank you. I seem to have gotten everything in it's proper place.