Missing file PBRSkin.dsf - Answered & Solved

richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,514

I wonder if someone could help me. I appear to be missing the following file:

Data/DAZ 3d/built-in content/daz iRay pbrskin/pbrskin.dsf

I am trying to use G8.1F for the first time, VYK Ritchie. Looking at it, it looks like it's a DAZ file, so can anyone give me an idea which DAZ download it is in? I'm using 4.15, have downloaded the revised G8 starter essentials, but this file seems to have eluded me in my manual downloads.

Thanks in advance, Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

You'll need the new "Default Resources" aswell.

Delete the old download package from DIM first to force it to download the new one.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,514
    Default Resources. Right, thanks, will look for that. I'm on manual download, as my Win7 machine is web free. All has to go through an Android tablet, which makes things a bit more difficult! Thanks, Richard.
    Hope it's this one: IM00013176-42_DefaultResourcesforDAZStudio415.zip. Much appreciated, Richard.

That's the one I have.

Not sure how you'd go about doing a manual uninstall of the old one first.

Hope it goes well with just a manual overwrite of the old files.

Should be able to find the new shader in

/Shader Presets/Iray/Daz PBRSkin/Daz Iray PBRSkin.duf 

Thanks, I'll install it soon.
    It works - greatly appreciated. Regards, Richard.
  • KaernenKaernen Posts: 10

I came here with the same problem. Your advice helped. Thank you!!

• vicster56vicster56 Posts: 74

Hi, I'm new to DAZ Studio. I have same issue. Where can I find DefaultResourcesforDAZStudio415 on DAZ website please? Not in any of my orders. Thanks!!

edited July 2021
    It is in one of your orders, as it happens. Go to your product library and find the one for 'DAZ Studio 4.X' or 'DAZ Studio 4.X Pro' and look at the downloads for that. There will be 11 possible downloads, the last of which is 39.4 Mb and is the default Resources. Easy enough to miss - I did too. Regards, Richard
    Post edited by richardandtracy on

richardandtracy said:

It is in one of your orders, as it happens. Go to your product library and find the one for 'DAZ Studio 4.X' or 'DAZ Studio 4.X Pro' and look at the downloads for that. There will be 11 possible downloads, the last of which is 39.4 Mb and is the default Resources. Easy enough to miss - I did too. Regards, Richard

Thanks!! Downloaded IM00013176-42_DefaultResourcesforDAZStudio415.zip but not sure what directory path to download too. Moving over from Poser

I've also Uninstalled/Installed Default Resources via DIM but not seeing it. Thanks!!

• felisfelis Posts: 4,198

vicster56 said:

I've also Uninstalled/Installed Default Resources via DIM but not seeing it. Thanks!!

If you in DIM click on installed and search for it. Then right click on it and there is an option for showing installed flies. 

• vicster56 said:

Did you let DIM go online to check for updates?

Richard Haseltine said:

vicster56 said:

Did you let DIM go online to check for updates?

I found the Daz Iray PBRSkin not in the SMART Content Tab but in the Content Library Tab. Not sure if it was loaded properly. Still too new for Studio. Thanks!!