tara 2 product issue

hello guys, i'm having a annoying issue with a "character" from daz, this one:

https://www.daz3d.com/tara-2-hd-for-victoria-7-victoria-8

my issue is which it's seens to be conflicting with something in daz, if i'm staling the product "early" it appear normally but later as i'm keep installing new products(i didn't pay attention to what is the product conflicting with it), at one point it start to display as "not installed anymore or as "available" instead of installed, then i need to uninstall and go online and install ir using the smart content install inside daz, installing that way the product appear but however doing that it can make some conflict and issues in my daz, because i'm installing it in a secondary HD, and don't want to install anything in my primary which is another issue since the "smart" install it on the primary and i don't find a way to change it.

anyone had this issue as well and know how to fix it???

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,915

How are you installing? Manual, DIM, or Daz Central? Is Daz Studio open when your installing?

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390
    edited July 2021

frank0314 said:

How are you installing? Manual, DIM, or Daz Central? Is Daz Studio open when your installing?

manual, i open dim, then let's say in search type tara then when it appear i click to install then it goes well on the DIM side the issue also happens using the central, the issue don't seens to be coming from then, but rater from daz itself, because it's not the first time i'm having issues with tara, this is a old issue which i had in the past before before had bought the new HD and formated my pc, now i'm reinstall everything and trying to having all daz stuffs being instaled in my slave hd(4 tera) which is another issue which i'm having, because no matter how hard i'm trying to install everything on the slave hd daz still cheat on me and keep installing some stuffs in my primary hd eating a lot of space from it, like it already eat like 4 giga from hd primary hd and it's really annoying, but it's another issue here

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/507871/need-help-with-install-daz-in-a-secondary-slave-hd

and i would love some help here too

coming back to main issue it's seens something on daz side when installing some products somehow daz overlap this other product over tara making it's looks like it get uninstalled but still installed, it's a really annoying issue.

Post edited by Ellessarr on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,915
    edited July 2021

Sorry your having all these issues. sad You can install all of your Daz content on another drive. If you decide to do it manually then you have to move the files yourself. The zip have an extra folder in there that you don't want and that the other install methods take out. You will want to empty that folder and carefully put them where they are suppose to go. What a lot of people do is put and empty "Runtime" folder on their desktop and unzip the pack into there. Once in there you need to move them to the designated folders, carfully (be sure to get it in the right place or it will break the pack). This way it won't put anything from the pack on your main HD. I'm betting that your Daz folder has the extra "Content" folder. If so you'll need to move all the files into their proper place. You may want to think about using DIM Daz Connect, or Daz Central or DIM  too do your installing and they all can be directed to any drive you want as well, plus you will get all the updates as they become available in live time. There is nothing wrong with installing manual so don't take that bad. Actually a lot of people still do it manually. It is just streamlined if you install with one of the other 3 methods and the files go where they are suppose to.

As far as the other issue, if your installing the products with Daz Studio open then you will need to re-import your meta data, then they should show unless its a different issue. But, typically when you do manual installs you need to do that. I make it a habit now to do it regardless of what method I use to install. It won't hurt anything. I've been away for a while for medical reasons so they may have fixed these issues. I'm not 100% but you can check and if what I'm explaining is right then we'll know.

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited July 2021

About the Drive issue

I'm using the DIM to install the daz stuffs and while it did install all the "main stuffs" of the product right in the secondary hd, somehow the metadata is still being throwed at the primary hd, like the icon, is being loaded in the primary not on the secondary as it was supposed to be then let's say the product have 100 mega space and from that 100 mega let's say 10 mega is from metada or the icons, then the 90 mega is being throwed into the secondary while the remains 10 mega is being throwed in the main hd, i know which icons would not take this big "space" it's just a exemple and while one product with let's say 1 or 2 mega of metadata don't look too bad, then when you go like me with like 3K+ products geting like 100k bytes to let's say 3mega per product you easy end with like 3 to 4 giga being steal from a place you really don't want, because you have a huge hd which was supposed to hold all of that alone, that is why i would love a proper tutorial about how to proper setup the daz to only use the secondary hd and not try to behind my back place stuffs on the main hd

going back to the tara i will try this time install one by one after tara to see what is the product which making her "disappear" looks like the only way, because what you told i never had that issue, was pretty much the opposite when my daz is open i can see in real time each product added in the program after it finish install, but since i've install it in huge numbers i didn't pay attention to the issue, because when i first instaled her, she was there then i was like ok the problem was gone only later when i''ve added a lot of stuff and was looking for her which i did noticed she was missing again, this is why i got that idea which is something in daz when instaling a product which bug her product, then i really need to "slow down and look to what exactly is making it happen if is as specific product or maybe 'number of products or something else which is making her goes to the not installed state.

Post edited by Ellessarr on
  • Install Manager and Daz Studio both allow you to set the location of the CMS database (Edit>Preferences>CMS Settings in Daz Studio). Install Manager allows you to set the locations for the tunbnails and manifests in its advanced settings (via the gear icon at top-right).

Richard Haseltine said:

Install Manager and Daz Studio both allow you to set the location of the CMS database (Edit>Preferences>CMS Settings in Daz Studio). Install Manager allows you to set the locations for the tunbnails and manifests in its advanced settings (via the gear icon at top-right).

yeah i know it but it keep "troling me" and somehow reseting or instaling in another place some stuffs even after i'm setting, i gonna try again later after finish some stuffs 

• What exactly is it placing on the C: drive?

Richard Haseltine said:

What exactly is it placing on the C: drive?

hello srry for take so much time to talk back but somehow i've managed to install and make it "most of the times" only save on the big hd" but it still sometimes trying to save on the old default c: 

even when i delete the cms folder it generate a new one, then sometimes it change from the directory i've added to this one, it's don't happens too often but still a annoying bug and make me instal stuffs wrong making me need to fix and reinstall the stuff.

• Edit>Preferences>CMS Settings will let you move the database (the ContentCluster folder) out of the cms folder. The rest of those folders are settings and cannot be moved, but they are generally very small.

Richard Haseltine said:

Edit>Preferences>CMS Settings will let you move the database (the ContentCluster folder) out of the cms folder. The rest of those folders are settings and cannot be moved, but they are generally very small.

yeah i did that here it:

however sometimes i don't know why the editor "reset" back to the original and i need to set it again, it's not all the times, but some few times this happens, it's just reset the directory back to c: without any warn or reason i can notice it because when it do that all my stored stuff disappear everything is empty on the left side then i have to fix it whenever this decides to happens. 

• That is odd - the proeprty is saved in the %AppData%/daz 3s/cms/ folder, so anything that overwrites that might reset it.