Need lighting help

Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,080

I normally open up the DAZ editor and start creating my characters and scenes. I apparently changed something somewhere and now everything looks darker. The character on the left is how things originally rendered. The character on the right is how they are rendering now. How do I go back to the original default settings for lighting? Thank you in advance.

0289.png
1175 x 1080 - 1M
Post edited by Drogo Nazhur on

Comments

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

There seems a number of ways the Render settings & params can get changed these days.  I've taken to simply make my own presets so I've a consistancy. The image on the left looks as if the camera's Headlight was on is all so try enabling that.

Personally, I've come to like the Sun-Sky mode the best.

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,080

Where do I find the camera headlight setting? I'm using the front view and the perspective view to render.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Select your camera AND select the Camera Tab.  You won't have that option w/o using a camera, but if you go to Render  Settings & Select All at the top, you'll see an option for Auto Headlamp. You can turn the perspective view into a camera by creating a new camera.

Thank you

• You can turn the headlamp on/off globally in Render Settings.

thank you -- that did it

• Make a default scene with your render settings, hdri and lights, save it (make a backup) and have it load when daz starts, load characters and save scene as.

Backup is for when you forget and just save.