erc freeze property edit

cerealpiratecerealpirate Posts: 15

Hey guy I have a custom bicycle that I am rigging but need to use erc to rotate the bike down as you turn.   well  I have it turning to the left just fine but when you slide to turn to the right the X rotate goes -1.5 instead of + 1.5 which is the correct rotation.   I am looking in the property herarchy  but now im lost.  I am not sure if I need to try to use a keyed setup for this one property or if this is even possible.  any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

Post edited by cerealpirate on

Comments

• You may need two separate cotrols, with limits set so one stops doing anything below zero and the other above zero. From your description it is hard to follow, though. In any event, complex set-ups may well require manual editing rather than ERC Freeze (you can drag-and-drop properties from the Parameters pane in Edit mode into the Scene Hierarchy to establish the basic link).

• cerealpiratecerealpirate Posts: 15
    edited July 2021

Thats what I was kinda thiking as Daz uses add subtract to move the sliders.  since this one property needs to start at 0 then +1.5 for a left turn   then move back to 0 for default state then +1.5 right turn this might be a limitation on dazstudios part.

alot of other bicycles dont need any frame rotation so they work but since this is a long chopper bicycle there is a need to pitch the bike down a little to stay in contact with the ground.

Post edited by cerealpirate on
  • if anyone has any links to tutorials or in depth explinations on erc or property hirearchy editor please drop them. 

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

In the property options, there's an option to use "Modulo", which I assume will clamp your value to a certain range. Haven't figured out how it works yet, though.