Shader/Texture Stretch

Hello! A quick question hopefully:

When applying a shader to a surface, is there a way to make it so the texture doesn't stretch but instead repeats itself if the surface is resized?

im making a bunch of rooms with different sized walls/floors but they all need to render one after the other on the timeline. If I change the size of a wall, whatever texture/shader was present simply gets stretched out and looks funny. I'm hoping for some advice on how to tackle this issue.

many thanks!

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Change the "Horizontal Tiles" and "Vertical Tiles" in the Uber shader.

• PVGamesPVGames Posts: 68

Yeah, that works alright for one frame on the timeline, but then when the size changes in the next frame on the timeline, things are all stretched or squashed again since the surfaces do not change along the timeline.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

PVGames said:

Yeah, that works alright for one frame on the timeline, but then when the size changes in the next frame on the timeline, things are all stretched or squashed again since the surfaces do not change along the timeline.

That's why I don't use Daz Studio for animation.

If you go to the last frame and set the same values, Daz should "interpolate" between them, although in this case the interpolation would be to not change anything.

But I really wouldn't use Daz Studio for any animation more complicated than a bit of character posing.