Ridiculous file sizes for scenes

Sometimes after I save a scene (I think after I use the timeline in most cases), the file size of my scene goes up to 22k+ from around 2k with comparable scenes. Is the compression turning off at some point? I went back and got rid of the timeline, saved a scene subset of the figure and objects, started a new scene, and loaded the figure and objects in, and when I save the new scene it is taking the 22k+ storage again! Not sure what's going on or how to fix it, but I have some valuable scenes I am being forced to keep and are taking up tons of disk space!

Help, please!

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

If you have made changes to the assets you are using and/or using timeline to save a lot of posing information, that information needs to be saved within your saved scene.
    If the saved scene only contains proxy data for installed assets, the save file can be small, but the amount of data related to that scene can still be hundreds of megabytes or even gigabytes.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

Bigger scenes could be due for example to including autofit clothes not re-saved as assets, or items where you used geometry editor, dFormers or mesh grabber. Basically anything where altered geometry data has to be saved as part of the scene.

• Hexdrake21Hexdrake21 Posts: 94

I guess that could be the issue. However, I have a similar figure with more custom morphs and surfaces that is 10x smaller. In fact, I have a file with the same character (incomplete in parts) that is less than 1k. Now the hair is like 3k, so where is the 17k coming from? I find it hard to believe I added 14k in textures and morphs when my character was mostly complete at 1k! Maybe I added something extra storage intensive and didn't know it? 

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 975

You said you removed the timeline ... but sometimes it is not so simple to remove EVERYTHING. It would not hurt to check the new version of the file to see if there are any layers with keyframes, morphs, etc. still attached to it.