Headlamp from Camera suddenly stopped working.

qertqert Posts: 89

The cameras with lamps switched on that were already in the scene are still working but when adding new ones it refuses to switch on.

It also affects my every other saved scenes as well when I tried to add new cameras with lamp mode switched on.

Enviroment Mode is already Dome and Scene.

Please help?

*I tried moving the original camera around and the camera can sometimes light up when positioned slightly diiferent from the previous position and sometimes it is just pitch black despite nothing blocking it.......

Post edited by qert on

Comments

• There is a global headlamp setting in Render Settings, what is that set to? Is this the final render, an Iray preview, a Filament preview, or one of the other drawstyles?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,879

Isn't there also a limit (8?) to the number of lights Daz Studio can preview? Does that apply here?

• barbult said:

Isn't there also a limit (8?) to the number of lights Daz Studio can preview? Does that apply here?

I believe that the headlamp reserves the first slot; if that is correct then it shouldn't be the issue.

• qertqert Posts: 89

Richard Haseltine said:

There is a global headlamp setting in Render Settings, what is that set to? Is this the final render, an Iray preview, a Filament preview, or one of the other drawstyles?

If your talking about Auto Headlamp then it is set to When No Scene Lights. 

The 1st picture shows the original camera which use to light up and now doesn't even with Headlamp Intensity cranked all the way up.

The 2nd picture shows the new camera at the same position with the Headlamp Intensity cranked up similar the original camera.

Heres the preview in Iray.

Screenshot (5).png
    1366 x 768 - 830K
    Screenshot (4).png
    1366 x 768 - 812K
  • CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206

Rotate the scene, the light from the headlamp is always to the left in the editor so when your viewing the screen your it's on the right of the screen. If you have the headlamp turned on in render options and there are no walls stopping the outside light the headlamp will work, if the headlamp is behind a wall hide the wall so you can to let light into the scene. You can turn the intensity up like others have suggested or just make sure the scene and characters are in the right position or the headlamp won't work.

I used to think the headlamp had issues till i noticed the headlamp isn't like a minners head lamp that follows your position but rather it's stationary and the closer you rotate the scene and reposition props or models closer to that headlamp light is brighter without increasing intensity. Interior light can be a problem for the headlamp, mesh lights set at 0.1 opacity work best to light up interiors same if you want to mirror image something mesh lights are best.

• Cenobite said:

Rotate the scene, the light from the headlamp is always to the left in the editor so when your viewing the screen your it's on the right of the screen. If you have the headlamp turned on in render options and there are no walls stopping the outside light the headlamp will work, if the headlamp is behind a wall hide the wall so you can to let light into the scene. You can turn the intensity up like others have suggested or just make sure the scene and characters are in the right position or the headlamp won't work.

I used to think the headlamp had issues till i noticed the headlamp isn't like a minners head lamp that follows your position but rather it's stationary and the closer you rotate the scene and reposition props or models closer to that headlamp light is brighter without increasing intensity. Interior light can be a problem for the headlamp, mesh lights set at 0.1 opacity work best to light up interiors same if you want to mirror image something mesh lights are best.

The headlamp does move with the viewpoint, but it is offset by default. If you are using an actual (virtual) camera you can adjust itss ettings, the headlamp for Perspective View would have to be adjusted via a script.

• CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206

Yeah i'm talking about the headlamp in perspective to be clear not other camera's. The perspective headlamp is the main issue thats the one i thought was locked to one position, mainly because i use perspective a fair bit, i have had issues where the headlamp was shining then it just went dark, i did a few tests and in most cases it's the direction the light is comming from and where your scene is set when it comes to the headlamp in perspective mode. I use camera's for larger scenes, it takes too long to scoot around in perspective specially if the scene is heavy with polys so'll you need to switch cam to jump around instead. I figured you would need a script for perspective mode since i couldn't see any settings to adjust the headlamp unless it's hidden.

If you can get used to making mesh lights that scale to any size you need make them transparent with opacity and light up whole walls for interior scenes instead of using headlamp which only does something like this.. See attached picture. This is a shot in Mick's Armory as you can see the headlamp is shining toward the character but doesn't highlight background textures rendering it dark, it's made the closest objects the table with armor on it brightest because the headlamp is close to where they are.

Armory 2.jpg
    2400 x 1280 - 2M