FG Science Area

I just purchased the product FG Science Area and when I load the environment I get an error saying the textures are missing:

See attached image.

Random3.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 441K

Comments

• Is this going to be fixed soon ?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,374
    edited July 2021

Comparing that with the file list it appears that the presets are looking for the textures in a folder name FG Science Area but they are actually in a folder name FG Science Laboratory. How did you install? It may well be possible to temporarily fix this depending on the answer, though we will flag it up for Daz for a proper fix.

Does the preload in the same folder in your screen shot work?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • I tried to install via DAZ Central and Daz install manager...both same results.  Both preloads doesnt work either.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

hmm,,

This is the file list from the products readme page

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/82153/file_list

it doesn't match your screen shot at all.

In DIM on the installed Products tab, right click the Science Area and select "Show installed files" to see where they got put and compare that to where Studio is looking for them.

You might be able to fix it yourself, so you don't have to wait, by renaming a folder.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

That's odd, those other posts didn't show before I posted, and I even refreshed the page to to see if there where any replies,,anyway, I'll leave you in Richards capable hands.

• How long is this going to take to have the product fixed by tech support ?

• hansmolleman33 said:

I tried to install via DAZ Central and Daz install manager...both same results.  Both preloads doesnt work either.

Assuming you mean Central and not Connect, just go to the folder you install to (e.g. My Daz 3d Library, then in that /Runtime/Textures/Fugazi1968/ and in that folder chnage the name of the FG Science Laboratory folder to FG Science Area and try reloading the scene file - assuming it isn't a mixture of good paths and bad that should let the product load. However, if they fix the issue by changing the paths in the user-facing files to match the actual folder in the zip then you will potentially end up with two copies of each texture, so you may need to manually remove the renamed folder after any update (if they leave the .duf files alone and chnage the folder name in the zip you wouldn't have that problem).

• Richard Haseltine said:

hansmolleman33 said:

I tried to install via DAZ Central and Daz install manager...both same results.  Both preloads doesnt work either.

Assuming you mean Central and not Connect, just go to the folder you install to (e.g. My Daz 3d Library, then in that /Runtime/Textures/Fugazi1968/ and in that folder chnage the name of the FG Science Laboratory folder to FG Science Area and try reloading the scene file - assuming it isn't a mixture of good paths and bad that should let the product load. However, if they fix the issue by changing the paths in the user-facing files to match the actual folder in the zip then you will potentially end up with two copies of each texture, so you may need to manually remove the renamed folder after any update (if they leave the .duf files alone and chnage the folder name in the zip you wouldn't have that problem).

I just tried changing the folder's name, still getting the same error...

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014
    edited July 2021

hansmolleman33 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

hansmolleman33 said:

And you have not installed or updated that product inside the DS, ie. in "Smart" Content?

Can you access and use the scene if you navigate to the real location in Content Library tab, ".../Environments/Architecture/Fugazi1968/FG Science Area/Ready Scene and Preload/FG Science Area Ready Scene.duf"

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • PerttiA said:

hansmolleman33 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

hansmolleman33 said:

And you have not installed or updated that product inside the DS, ie. in "Smart" Content?

Can you access and use the scene if you navigate to the real location in Content Library tab, ".../Environments/Architecture/Fugazi1968/FG Science Area/Ready Scene and Preload/FG Science Area Ready Scene.duf"

I have tried to load the scene through that as well and I get the same error.

hansmolleman33 said:

PerttiA said:

I have tried to load the scene through that as well and I get the same error.

But the question remains, have you ever installed or updated the product inside DS, in "Smart" Content?

If you have, then the content is installed into completely different path and that location gets priority over DAZ Central, DIM and manually installed files and folders.

• Adding a data point to confirm what hansmolleman is seeing:

I picked up the FG Science Area product a few minutes ago.  Installed it with DIM.

Attempting to load the preload set displays a ton of errors.  The interior pieces were blocks.

All of the individual props I tried loading were perfectly fine.

I'm on DS 4.12.0.86 (still) and a MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina.

Lee

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

Adding a data point to confirm what hansmolleman is seeing:

I picked up the FG Science Area product a few minutes ago.  Installed it with DIM.

Attempting to load the preload set displays a ton of errors.  The interior pieces were blocks.

Lee

That would indicate that the paths need to be fixed inside the preload.duf's 

• leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

Lee

Thank you, I've updated our report to Daz.

• Richard Haseltine said:

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

Lee

Thank you, I've updated our report to Daz.

Thank you, Richard.  Happy to help. :)

Lee 

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,015
    edited July 2021

Yeah I just bought this product wish I had read this thread before purchasing.. But have tried renaming folders and trying to fix the two scene dufs but to no avail, as when I do the scene kaplodes outwards..

The image below is what happens when just renaming the folders from Science Laboratory, to Science Area as they are in the two duf files..

Toast.jpg
    1425 x 923 - 181K
    Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,198

Ghosty12 said:

Yeah I just bought this product wish I had read this thread before purchasing.. But have tried renaming folders and trying to fix the two scene dufs but to no avail, as when I do the scene kaplodes outwards..

The image below is what happens when just renaming the folders from Science Laboratory, to Science Area as they are in the two duf files..

That indicates that the geometry data does not match with with path in the duf-file 

felis said:

Ghosty12 said:

That indicates that the geometry data does not match with with path in the duf-file 

Ahh k, not sure apart from waiting for an update to do with it.. Even looking at the directory structure there files are buried multiple folders deep, and the files do exist but for some reason with how the duf is written they can't be found even when the folder name is changed to how it is in the duf files..

• felisfelis Posts: 4,198

Ghosty12 said:

Ahh k, not sure apart from waiting for an update to do with it.. Even looking at the directory structure there files are buried multiple folders deep, and the files do exist but for some reason with how the duf is written they can't be found even when the folder name is changed to how it is in the duf files..

My guess is, that they at some late point decided to change the naming, and haven't got the content correctly updated.

Why? - I don't know.

I have seen other cases where it didn't match, and looked like they had renamed it. 

felis said:

Ghosty12 said:

My guess is, that they at some late point decided to change the naming, and haven't got the content correctly updated.

Why? - I don't know.

I have seen other cases where it didn't match, and looked like they had renamed it. 

Either way hopefully it will be fixed soon as trying to get it to work is quite the headache..

• Is a fix being worked on to make the product usable or I should just go for a refund ?
  • hansmolleman33 said:

Is a fix being worked on to make the product usable or I should just go for a refund ?

It has been reported, but Daz hasn't even started its working week yet. I'm sure it will be fixed, and would suggest waiting a day or two at least assuming you do want to have the product as the better outcome.

• leemoon_c43b45a114leemoon_c43b45a114 Posts: 850
    edited July 2021

FG Science Area appeared as an update in DIM this morning.

I'll report back (if others don't before I can) once an animation render I'm working on is done.

Thank you, Richard for reporting this for us.  And thank you to the Support Team for fixing the preload!

Just tried it and the preload scene works perfectly now.

Thank you!

Lee

*edited to report back on successful fix*

Post edited by leemoon_c43b45a114 on
  • Thanks for letting us know.