Can Anyone make this haircut from Howling 2? (Warning Nudity)

NightmareHeroNightmareHero Posts: 18
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I've been looking everywhere for a haircut to work in Poser on Millennium 3 figures that shows the elf ears perfectly as in these photos, but doesn't cut the hairline. Would Daz consider making a haircut like this. I would recommend making symmetrical from this side on the other side.

abba.jpg
640 x 480 - 39K
2b8e.jpg
640 x 480 - 40K

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,838
    edited December 1969

that actually looks like it may be better done using the Poser hair room

• NightmareHeroNightmareHero Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

I would recommend geometry hair that works with millennium 3 figures if you don't mind.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033
    edited December 1969

I don't want to be negative, but honnestly there's very little chance new items for Millenium 3 figures will ever be created and sold at DAZ...

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Leana said:
    I don't want to be negative, but honnestly there's very little chance new items for Millenium 3 figures will ever be created and sold at DAZ...

Yup. Hair is challenging, and basically everyone here has moved on through each figure generation and is now on Genesis 2.

edited December 2014

Leana said:

Hopefully that's not true; backward compatibility is still good to capture users who still use older products like myself. At the very least they should make it into geometry hair and provide an obj file.

Post edited by NightmareHero on
    edited December 2014

Leana said:

Hopefully that's not true; backward compatibility is still good to capture users who still use older products like myself. At the very least they should make it into geometry hair and provide an obj file.
    if by They you mean DAZ they won't!
    Genesis and G2M & F are their supported figures now.
    You might get lucky that a parented prop hair could be made that can be resized for any figure but hair that long tends to be conforming, you can of course just parent ot.
    StudioArtVartanian SAV has some similar looking hairs on Renderosity that you might find useful
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=422675

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Leana said:

You have to remember that the Millennium 3 figures were current 2006 and prior. Gen 4 appeared in 2006

However if you check Kerya's freebie hair list you may find something that will work http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/447/ or even the Aiko 3 list by Robkelk http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/636/#4885

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033
    edited December 1969

backward compatibility is still good to capture users who still use older products like myself.
    Backward compatibility is nice, but adding fits and testing them takes times.
    Given that the number of customers who still use Mil3 figures and would buy the hair for that fit is probably very low (there have been 3 generations of figures released since Mil3, after all) there's a good chance it's not worth it anymore for vendors to keep creating Mil3 fits.
    That's the reason I say there's very little chance for it to happen.
    edited January 2015

I made do with another haircut from my inventory to do a blond werewolf akin to Stirba. I hope you like this image example. I am still looking forward to a professional haircut made by DAZ in representation of the pictures in the first post with the hairline fixed and symmetrical as my request indicates.

Image removed for Nudity

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2015

Please view the forum ToS here http://www.daz3d.com/terms-of-service The first bullet point in general code of conduct.

If you wish to show this image can you please upload it to a site which has content and Age Advisory FIlters (such as Deviant Art) and just post a link here

Thankyou

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Please view the forum ToS here http://www.daz3d.com/terms-of-service The first bullet point in general code of conduct.

If you wish to show this image can you please upload it to a site which has content and Age Advisory FIlters (such as Deviant Art) and just post a link here

Thankyou

No problem, here is the link:
    http://aminaun.deviantart.com/art/On-the-Rocks-506147339

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

StudioArtVartanina at Renderosity has superb big hair for V4 and M4. Should be able to scale it if you take the time.

edited December 1969

:lol: I already suggested those ;-P

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

:lol: I already suggested those ;-P

Sorry, missed that.

edited December 1969

StudioArtVartanina at Renderosity has superb big hair for V4 and M4. Should be able to scale it if you take the time.

Those hair items look too complicated and I would rather reduce render time and have a simple hair object to modify then high geometry hair like that, plus none of them match up to the ideas of this haircut.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited January 2015

I've been looking everywhere for a haircut to work in Poser on Millennium 3 figures that shows the elf ears perfectly as in these photos, but doesn't cut the hairline. Would Daz consider making a haircut like this. I would recommend making symmetrical from this side on the other side.

You might try to make what you need yourself with the Look At my hair plugin, it works on generation 3 &m 4 figures as well as the genesis figures. it just takes a little practice, that is all

http://www.daz3d.com/look-at-my-hair

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited February 2015

I did it with Anya Curls and modified the haircut in Hexagon to get a suitable result, this I believe mimics what I want.

Image link removed

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited February 2015

Sorry but I didn't get a memo in the email if I violated the terms of service again by providing a url link. The image was not shown on the forum and only had a link to the image. I have redone the image again WITHOUT NUDITY and I hope it won't be deleted. I finished modifying Anya Curls with parts of hairs from other figures and providing a single uniform texture. I hope you enjoy the results:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/63e7e5387277411

Here is the original image redone without nudity again as an attachment:

StirbaHaircut.jpg
    871 x 624 - 102K
    Post edited by NightmareHero on
    edited December 1969

Here is a comparison of the haircut with the actual haircut from the movie; opinions?

StirbaHaircut3comparison.jpg
    1352 x 624 - 118K
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

I think I could whip up a pretty close match with Carrara dynamic hair fairly easily. I can put it on an invisible head proxy so it could be used with any figure, and happy to give it for free, also will have the benefit of being able to be used for animations with natural movement and reaction to scene forces. However, I guess it won't do much good if you don't have Carrara...

Might play around with the style a bit when I find a free minute, it certainly is interesting. I'll post if I can come up with something close.

That prop hair you're using is probably as close as you'll manage with prop hair, it looks like you need a bit more volume/curls on top to match closer to the picture but otherwise sounds like from what you've posted that it will probably suffice.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Grabbed a little time to try and play around, here's a first pass at it (although looking back at the reference photo I see already there's some things I got wrong; should have kept the reference photo open while I was working rather than just playing in the hair modeling room and just going from memory).

Found out its relatively easy to put together a teased messy hairspray look, but pretty hard to find animation parameters which look right. In fact I'm not happy with the way it animates actually, but still learned quite a bit just from messing around with putting this together. Needs lots of refining, no doubt, but here's a first pass at it.

Example animation: http://youtu.be/VPF3poGYNg0

Let me know if it's of interest and I'll keep tinkering with it. Don't mind giving it for free use to the community for anyone interested.

Hair_Crazy_80s_tiger_side.jpg
    400 x 600 - 20K
    hair_crazy_80s_tiger_front.jpg
    400 x 600 - 20K
    edited December 1969

Thanks but I like the haircut that I made better.