Morph Loader Pro stopped working.

I don't know what to do. My job is frozen, I literally can't work now.

Daz Studio 4.15 is completely non-working, it's garbage, I don't believe they tested it. I have no idea how they could release this. First of all, I noticed that Optix Prime Acceleration was missing in this version. Then it turned out that Morph Loader Pro also stopped working. Since Daz does not host old versions, I had to searched the Internets to find them. Found 4.12 and 4.14. The Accelerator returned, but morph loader did not. I tried reinstalling both versions, it has no effect somehow.

When I try to load a new morph in the loader it says it worked. BUT result is always the same - new morph just changes model size, nothing about the shape. My job is paralized!

Is there a way to fix it?

Comments

• OptixPrime setting has not done anything for a while and so was removed, this is down to chnages in the way Iray works.

The Morph Loader issue sounds like having the wrong preset selected in the options dialogue - assuming that no scaling is done by the modelling tool you are using to make the morph you should have the same preset as in the OBJ exporter when saving out the base shape for morphing (or in the importer when loading the mdoel, if you are morphing one of your own creations).

• LagrangeLagrange Posts: 111
    edited July 2021

Oh! Goddam! I found it. Just wow. The problem was: when I did the export, proportion was NOT 1 unit = 1 cm but in import it was. You helped me ALOT.

So. About Optix. You say now Iray works same quick without it?

Thanks Alot.jpg
    400 x 300 - 60K
    Post edited by Lagrange on
  • Yes, the use of OptiX is now set by Iray depending on the hardware, as I understand it, rather than something the user can toggle on and off as desired.

• LagrangeLagrange Posts: 111
    edited July 2021

I'm back just to say how awful 4.15 is. Though you helped me with Morph Loader there are still NUMEROUS fatal problems which really turn 4.15 into a joke. I really regret I moved from previous version and I don't know how to find it now.

Issues:

1. Somehow Daz began to duplicate all of my pictures on the Desktop. I always have something there before I move pics to right folders, sometimes there are renders or humor stuff. And now Daz while being opened constantly generates doubled pics for all of them. Small size and "_icon" word added to each name. I don't know how to disable it. I don't know what a dumbаss could ever implement such an idea. A program just spams desktop with nonsense duplicates. This is not even an initial render folder...

2. In Render menu "Environment" point is now hidden untill you make first render of the scene. This means I can't disable "draw ground" right away.

3. Rendering became SIGNIFICANTLY longer. A single character with no background could be completed in 2-3 min before. Now 2-3 min is not even enough to reach 1% ready.

4. Constantly crashes. May be because of some light or render presets. Actually I never managed to get a single render of a dressed up and lighted character in 4.15.

How in the world such a shi as 4.15 could ever make it up to release... Unbelievable. 

Post edited by Lagrange on
  • Lagrange said:

I'm back just to say how awful 4.15 is. Though you helped me with Morph Loader there are still NUMEROUS fatal problems which really turn 4.15 into a joke. I really regret I moved from previous version and I don't know how to find it now.

Issues:

1. Somehow Daz began to duplicate all of my pictures on the Desktop. I always have something there before I move pics to right folders, sometimes there are renders or humor stuff. And now Daz while being opened constantly generates doubled pics for all of them. Small size and "_icon" word added to each name. I don't know how to disable it. I don't know what a dumbаss could ever implement such an idea. A program just spams desktop with nonsense duplicates. This is not even an initial render folder...

Daz Studio geenrates thumbnails for images in the Render Library folder. This does not default to the desktop. You set the location used in Window>Panes(Tabs)>Redner Library by opening the option menu (the lined button in the top corner, or rright-click the tab) and selecting Render Directroy Manager.... Just point it to a holding folder. You can still save you renders to the desktop if you like, use File>Save Last Render or, at the bottom of the render window, click the button below the Name label and select the option to use a folder rather than a render library and select the desktop

2. In Render menu "Environment" point is now hidden untill you make first render of the scene. This means I can't disable "draw ground" right away.

Create>New Environment Options Node

3. Rendering became SIGNIFICANTLY longer. A single character with no background could be completed in 2-3 min before. Now 2-3 min is not even enough to reach 1% ready.

Were you able to do GPU renders before? Unfortunately the version of iray included in 4.15.0.2 has a higher minimum driver version than is vailable on the Mac platform

4. Constantly crashes. May be because of some light or render presets. Actually I never managed to get a single render of a dressed up and lighted character in 4.15.

May be related to 3.