Key Frames Disappearing

I am using the following item:

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-female-s-flat-foot-walk-aniblock

and I want to move the arms so the hands do not clip inside the body... yet whenever I try and do that the key frames disappear. This is not the first animation I've ever done. I've even made my own custom animations and actually used that very walk cycle before with no problems. In fact, I was able to move the arms of a different character model who was using that walk cycle.

I did a search and it turns out that almost exactly a year ago somebody else was having the same problem I've been having and yet even though it says the problem was going to be fixed (because it is a known issue), in the year since July 2020, it seemingly has not been.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/422771/keyframes-disappearing-after-saving-an-animation

As soon as I click off the key frame I just made it disappears. That's the issue. So it's slightly different to them not being able to be saved.

Update: I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Daz3D. When I create a new primitive, it saves the key frames for that. It just does not want to save key frames for Genesis 8 character. Also going to file a support ticket now, which I should have done in the first instance, Hopefully somebody will post some infromaiton here too.

Update #2: although not ideal, it does appear that locking the properies I am trying to edit (in this case the movement of the arm) keeps the key frames I am creating. Then, when I want to move the arm again, I have to unlock it to make a new key frame. Luckily, the previous key frames I have made stay.

Update #3: As soon as I play the animation all of the key frames disappear anyway.

Post edited by Animated_Citizen on

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,255

Images might be helpful.

Keyframes tend to be shown for the selected node(s).

• Catherine3678ab said:

Images might be helpful.

Keyframes tend to be shown for the selected node(s).

I believe the problem lies with the use of ani-blocks, at least in my version of Daz3D. I am not "un-selecting" the nodes when I simply move the timeline to the next frame. When I make my own animations (not adapting store purchased ani-blocks) the key frames stay.

In any case, key frames are shown for all expanded properties, rather than only for what is selected, from what I can see. I see it would be helphul to have a video. I'll see if I can make a GIF over the weekend.