Intel or AMD

There are probably dozens of posts about this, but I can't find one. For purposes of rendering in Daz, where I'm intentionally rendering within the VRAM limits using the GPU 100% of the time, does it matter if the CPU is Intel or AMD? Is there really a difference, or is like Pepsi and Coke...basically the same thing but personal preference?

I'm looking at two new computers identical in all ways except one has an AMD and the other Intel, with comparable specs.

Comments

• For DS  the only significant difference is that there are OpenCL drivers for the Intel CPUs but not for AMD, so if you didn't want to use the GPU for a dForce simulation the intel would give an extra option. It would mainly be down to brute, single threaded speed and any bais from other applications that you use.

• RL_MediaRL_Media Posts: 339

It seems these days AMD has better power per dollar spent. Or I should clarify that with that was how it was a few months back when I built mine. It could have changed since then. I would go with whatever is cheaper if they are neck in neck.