Washed out Textures in Daz

So, I have been getting back into Daz after a long while, made a simple outfit in marvelous designer, brought it into Daz perfectly without issue, however, when I render it, the textures get really weird. In some places, the color is just gone, while in other places it looks like the color was blotted somewhere else.

For clarity, these textures were not imported from MD, they were made in PS and brought into Daz, the original model was created without textures. I have been scouring the internet and researching for a solution, I have checked all my imports and exports but I can't seem to find the cause of the issue.

This is probably something very simple, but what exactly did I miss? 

strange.png
1500 x 1500 - 2M

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,545

Welcome back to Daz Arah, love your V4 outfits.

When the model is in Daz and no textures have been added yet, it the diffuse white? That is the only thing I can think of that affects textures, though there are other things like, is it 3DL or is it Iray textures you are doing. Perhaps use a shader and see if you get the same results. Oh and post pictures so that people who know more then me can help you.

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,612

Arah3D said:

So, I have been getting back into Daz after a long while, made a simple outfit in marvelous designer, brought it into Daz perfectly without issue, however, when I render it, the textures get really weird. In some places, the color is just gone, while in other places it looks like the color was blotted somewhere else.

For clarity, these textures were not imported from MD, they were made in PS and brought into Daz, the original model was created without textures. I have been scouring the internet and researching for a solution, I have checked all my imports and exports but I can't seem to find the cause of the issue.

try moving the diffuse roughness up.  I always start at .3 or higher as needed.

• Arah3DArah3D Posts: 31

Faeryl Womyn said:

Welcome back to Daz Arah, love your V4 outfits.

When the model is in Daz and no textures have been added yet, it the diffuse white? That is the only thing I can think of that affects textures, though there are other things like, is it 3DL or is it Iray textures you are doing. Perhaps use a shader and see if you get the same results. Oh and post pictures so that people who know more then me can help you.

Thank you Faeryl Womyn! 

Yes, the model is the normal shade, pale grey. I always switch it to white in Daz and turn the gloss to black.

I tried rendering with a shader and that problem didn't occur, it is only when I add a texture based on the UV that this problem seems to happen.

In the pictures below you can see the render with the shader. Without the shader, the texture looks fine until it is rendered. It looks like someone took a sponge stamp to it.

shader.png
    1500 x 1500 - 2M
    problem 01.jpg
    1600 x 836 - 301K
    problem 02.png
    1500 x 1500 - 2M
  • Arah3DArah3D Posts: 31

Lyoness said:

Arah3D said:

try moving the diffuse roughness up.  I always start at .3 or higher as needed.

I gave that a try, with no luck.