Newb Question about making my own Eye Textures.

I'm recreating my  OC ( anime themed ) using Sakura and Hotaru specificaly, but i need to def make my own eye texture, I'm looking at he Hotaru ones and seeing a png and a DSON file.... im not sure what i need to save my eye texture as and how to have blender see it. 

Can you help please? I am versed with basic texturing in other programs, i am just getting confused what file daz is looking at for eye materials. 

thank you!

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,255

cbarrett1289 said:

I'm recreating my  OC ( anime themed ) using Sakura and Hotaru specificaly, but i need to def make my own eye texture, I'm looking at he Hotaru ones and seeing a png and a DSON file.... im not sure what i need to save my eye texture as and how to have blender see it. 

Can you help please? I am versed with basic texturing in other programs, i am just getting confused what file daz is looking at for eye materials. 

thank you!

With your figure selected, over on the Surfaces Tab check out the surface options for all parts of the eye. Swap out the old eye textures with the ones you want to use. Change the colours on any dials as you desire. Then from the top bar File > Save As > Materials Preset ... browse to the folder it should be saved in [a subfolder under My Library/Content but NOT in the Runtime], give it a short logical name. 

• cbarr1212cbarr1212 Posts: 0

Catherine3678ab said:

With your figure selected, over on the Surfaces Tab check out the surface options for all parts of the eye. Swap out the old eye textures with the ones you want to use. Change the colours on any dials as you desire. Then from the top bar File > Save As > Materials Preset ... browse to the folder it should be saved in [a subfolder under My Library/Content but NOT in the Runtime], give it a short logical name. 

Awwww thank you! That allowed me to use my texture from my old model, your a life saver thanks! ^_^