How Can I Save Morph Limit Properties With The Morph?

I recently learned how to save a morph asset.

But saving the morph asset puts the default property values in the morph, such as having the "Use Limits" property checked and so on.

I want my morph to always load with my model and have property values set the way I want them, such as having the "Use Limits" property UN-checked, or set to limits other than -100% to 100%.

How can I do this?

Comments

• You can set the limits, and whether to use them, in the inital import dialogue or in the Property Settings dialogue (launched from the gear icon on the slider).

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

Richard Haseltine said:

You can set the limits, and whether to use them, in the inital import dialogue or in the Property Settings dialogue (launched from the gear icon on the slider).

I need help figuring out how I can set the properties in the “initial import dialogue”. I cannot find any control widgets for doing this. See my first attached picture, showing the “initial import dialogue” for Morph Loader Pro. What widget do I use?

My second attached picture shows me setting the morph limit property as I want it: -9.5% to 1200%. This works fine only until the scene is closed. The next time I load that model into a fresh scene, the limits go back to default values of -100% to 100%. Call this the “problem of forgetting my property settings”.

My third attached picture shows me trying to prevent the “problem of forgetting my property settings” by re-saving the morph after I had set the properties as I want them. This did not work. I still had the “problem of forgetting my property settings”. And I see nothing in this dialog that will help me make sure those settings get saved.

My fourth attached picture shows me trying to prevent the “problem of forgetting my property settings” by re-saving the model as a “Figure/Prop Asset” after I had set the properties as I want them AND re-saved the morph per my third attached picture. This did not work. I still had the “problem of forgetting my property settings”. And I see nothing in this dialog that will help me make sure those settings get saved.

I also tried to prevent the “problem of forgetting my property settings” by re-saving the model as a Scene Subset after I had done all of the above. This did not work. I still had the “problem of forgetting my property settings”. And I saw nothing in that dialog that will help me make sure those settings get saved.

I remain at a complete loss as to how to prevent the “problem of forgetting my property settings”.

Morph Properties 01.jpg
    491 x 763 - 236K
    edited June 2021

Second picture.

Morph Properties 02.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 504K
    Post edited by lukon100 on

Third and fourth picture.

Morph Properties 03.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 505K
    Morph Properties 04.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 527K
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,255
    edited June 2021

If you made the prop, saved the prop, then made the morph and saved the morph ... then you should have in the data folders the prop data as well as one morph data.
    If you made the prop, made the morph, saved the prop; then maybe changed the morph but whatever, saved the morph ... unless you saved it back to EXACTLY the same place the first morph landed, the old one works and the new one is ignored. Solution is simple, delete the old morph. [Close D/S before editing anything in the data folders]

It's the first time I've seen somebody using commas to make folders, we've been using slanted lines. Also, like, if this has been working for you fine, but normally morphs are placed elsewhere on the Parameters Tab - like under Morphs. For some types of morphs it really does matter where you put them - for example if one wants them appearing also on the Shaping Tab, they must be somewhere under Actor.

If you want the morph to load "fixed" to one particular setting, the min and max values need to be the same. Then a little above on the right-side of that Parameters Tab dialogue is a square to check to "lock" the settings.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Catherine3678ab said:

If you made the prop, saved the prop, then made the morph and saved the morph ... then you should have in the data folders the prop data as well as one morph data.
    If you made the prop, made the morph, saved the prop; then maybe changed the morph but whatever, saved the morph ... unless you saved it back to EXACTLY the same place the first morph landed, the old one works and the new one is ignored. Solution is simple, delete the old morph. [Close D/S before editing anything in the data folders]

It's the first time I've seen somebody using commas to make folders, we've been using slanted lines. Also, like, if this has been working for you fine, but normally morphs are placed elsewhere on the Parameters Tab - like under Morphs. For some types of morphs it really does matter where you put them - for example if one wants them appearing also on the Shaping Tab, they must be somewhere under Actor.

If you want the morph to load "fixed" to one particular setting, the min and max values need to be the same. Then a little above on the right-side of that Parameters Tab dialogue is a square to check to "lock" the settings.

Thanks so much, Catherine.

Yes, the data folder path for my revised morphs somehow became different from the data path for the original set, and thus my revisions to the morphs were ending up in a different place in my file structure, rather than replacing the original morphs. I just deleted my entire data folder (it was at a special path just for this model, so it was not the data folder for the general asset library) and started over. This fixed it.

I don't know what it would mean to make folders using commas. I don't try to make folders by using commas. I have not seen any folders being created from my use of commas. The commas are just characters inside the folder names.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,255

Glad the mystery's been solved :-)

Okay, commas are not making folders, good. If rather than using commas, you use a slanted line [I don't think it matters which way - I use whatever is shown on the pathways \ or / ... then subfolders are created. So one could put all of one project's morphs into one main folder, using sub-folders to organize the lot.