i've run into an issue with hardware

UpiriumUpirium Posts: 705

I don't have an NVIDIA card, I have AMD, and it's a fairly good one that came with my prebuilt computer.

I cannot replace it ATM. The card itself I think is already 800 and I just don't have 800.

My PSU is 600w because if I go too high I can trip the breaker because my wiring is bad.

according to my DX Diag this is my cpu:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor             (12 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

my motherboard is an ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0 (AM4)

i have 32gb of RAM

what can I do here? Is it at all possible for me to get good renders that won't take me literal days?

edit: i would like to note i don't make particularly huge images. i usually just render to the viewport

Post edited by Upirium on

Comments

• Your only options are to try to get faster renders from the CPU (by simplifying mateials, for example, and making sure there are no sahdowy corners that will take ages to converge) or to use another render engine that will take advantage of the AMD GPU (which will of course involve working on the materials).

• UpiriumUpirium Posts: 705

Richard Haseltine said:

Your only options are to try to get faster renders from the CPU (by simplifying mateials, for example, and making sure there are no sahdowy corners that will take ages to converge) or to use another render engine that will take advantage of the AMD GPU (which will of course involve working on the materials).

do shadows and dark lights render the same?

i was testing some things yesterday after posting this and watching a tutorial, managed to do this in 1 minute and 30 seconds using dark lighting (pic is bigger than this i just had to resize it for the forums)