How to make sock lay flat on ground without it being distorted using Dforce settings.

qertqert Posts: 89

Hi

I just want to have a pair of socks lying neatly flat on the ground instead of being squished or the edges rolled up.

I put Dforce Modifier: Dynamic Surface and made the bend stiffness little higher but it still mashes up.

What settings do you put to make it straighten out on the ground?

Post edited by qert on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,198

What kind of socks?

What are you're starting position for the socks?

Maybe an image for what you get, but don't want.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,255

You could select the socks and use the dials on the Parameters Tab to put them flat on the floor.

• qertqert Posts: 89

Catherine3678ab said:

You could select the socks and use the dials on the Parameters Tab to put them flat on the floor

The socks are shaped like somebody is already wearing them despite being just a prop, that is why I wanted to use dforce so it lays flat on the ground naturally. I already  positioned the socks close to the ground on it's side and hit simulate however the edges somehow just keep scrolling up which isn't what i want.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,198

This is a quick test.

Can be improved by seperating the socks.

dropped_socks.PNG
    669 x 413 - 54K
  • reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
    edited June 2021

Try using the "scale" function along the x axis first to make them flat before rotatiing them to be parallel to the floor before deforcing them or positioning them further. Scale down to near 0

Post edited by reelyor on
  • dforce laundry and messy laundry have flat socks.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

These freebie socks have a variety of "dropped on the floor" morphs, and autofit well to later Genesis models: https://www.sharecg.com/v/77514/gallery/5/3D-Model/Ankle-Socks-for-Genesis-1-DS-and-Poser