Solved: Dim Quitting after login/DLL File issue.

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

It lets me download dim. I can work offline. But the moment I enter my password it closes. When I launch it again it asks for a password and closes. I've reinstalled it, and turned off user account control. 

The password works fine on the site. Not sure what the problem is.

Post edited by Serene Night on

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

DAZ Central works fine. Not sure what the deal is with dim. I'd really rather not use central.

Okay, so just installed STudio using connect. It asks to connect to my DAZ Store account. I input my password, and studio quits. I cannot seem to input my password without causing these apps to close. Whats going on?

• Thesse seem to be related to a .dll file, libeay, though why some users have the issue and others don't I have no idea.

Is there a fix? I can't use dim at all and have tons of stuff to download and central is awkward to use.

• Some people have tried downloading a different version from the web, but that is obviously high-risk.

A different version of Dim? How will that help? I have an older version backed up, but it forces upgrade once it launches, or tells me to work offline.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,118

Serene Night said:

Okay, so just installed STudio using connect. It asks to connect to my DAZ Store account. I input my password, and studio quits. I cannot seem to input my password without causing these apps to close. Whats going on?

Is there anything showing in either the DIM or Studio logs?

• No, of the .dll file - but I wouldn't think that wise

edited June 2021

Thank Richard. I know it is diffcult to recommend that people download files from the web, however, in this case, the advice proved to work. It is quite frustrating to have a new device that can't work because of a software issue.

The two DLL's in dim, once replaced with files from the web, did solve the issue. I did have to place them in multiple places, as they seem to occur in several areas wtihin studio.

The files were:

ssleay32.dll

and

libeay32.dll

They went here: C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1

After I installed, them, the whole issue went away, and DIM is restored.

I did scan it wtih Norton andtivirus and it came out as an okay file, first. 

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

I'm also having this issue on a new computer. In addition, Daz won't download through SmartContent, either.