Issue : Imported Objs can't display Textures properly

Hi Guys,

This hasn't happen to me before, I purchased a car from Turbosquid and imported into Daz. It comes with textures so I can apply the textures onto the assigned surfaces.
However, there's a problem. When I assign a jpg image onto the surface (in this case a licence plate texture) it shows up BUT.......it seems that it's huge and blurry to display. Even on the viewport and Rendered. 

Before, I never had this problem, I added a jpg image onto the OBJ object and BOOM it displayed correctly, but now it seems that it's resolution is either big or there's something else
which is causing it not to display properly. 

I have here a couple of images below to show you what I'm talking about. 

I would like to know, has anyone had this problem before? I installed the update for Daz Studio, I don't know if that caused anything. Would like to know. 

plate_diff.png
1024 x 256 - 769K
1.png
600 x 344 - 258K

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

The applied textures are not matching up to the UV maps on the object. Solution: align the texture images to the UV map for the surface in question.

• wintoonswintoons Posts: 371

Update : Solved!

Ok, you all going to laugh at me but I forgot this. When you import a obj file and the OBJ import dialog box is displayed, make sure that the
    'Read UV Coordinates' is ticked. 

And that will display the textures properly. 

Silly me LOL!!