GenX2 - Can't transfer to Genesis!

Help!

I transferred my morph from Genesis 8, to Genesis 3, to Genesis 2....but in Genx2, there is no Genesis option!
I even closed Daz fist, then deleted all of the plugin files, then re-installed.

Guess what? It still doesn't work and didn't fix anything.

A year or so ago, I successfully was transferring to/from Genesis, so this is a big issue for me!

Can someone tell me how to get it working so that I can transfer to/from Genesis again?

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,255

https://www.daz3d.com/genx2-addon-for-genesis-2  is for moving morphs to/fro Genesis and G2.

• Catherine3678ab said:

https://www.daz3d.com/genx2-addon-for-genesis-2  is for moving morphs to/fro Genesis and G2.

Hey! I've already purchased that add-on, along with almost everything else for GenX.
    It's just not showing up in my options list at all.

This is a photo - lots missing! Help?

edited June 2021

Because you had transferred morphs before I figured you had but would have had to be using this product. I don't have it so can't say where it should be showing up, etc. but maybe reinstalling it would help?

btw - there is no photo showing on your post.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • gamesfromlovegamesfromlove Posts: 38
    edited June 2021

Yes, I did it before a year ago/completely re-installed - btoh of which I said in my first post.
    I don't know what to do other than keep trying to reinstall, which is just going to drive me crazy. Maybe I'll try to install just 2 add-ons at once and not the others, see what happens.

Someone directed me to go to my orders from Daz,find the plugin, hit the 'install in DIM' button, and I found that I was missing the original Genx2 plugin..
    I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and then added all the add-ons and now it works. 

Yay!

Post edited by gamesfromlove on

gamesfromlove said:

Yes, I did it before a year ago/completely re-installed - btoh of which I said in my first post.
    I don't know what to do other than keep trying to reinstall, which is just going to drive me crazy. Maybe I'll try to install just 2 add-ons at once and not the others, see what happens.

Someone directed me to go to my orders from Daz,find the plugin, hit the 'install in DIM' button, and I found that I was missing the original Genx2 plugin..
    I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and then added all the add-ons and now it works. 

Yay!

Yes, I've had to reinstall a few things more than once to get them working too. Nature of the beast ;-) Now and then have to reboot the computer too.

Glad you got it working :-)

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587

Note : GenX doesn't detect Genesis if Genesis Starter Essentials is installed with Daz Connect, it must be installed with DIM.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,515
    edited June 2021
    Ah. Will it work for manual install? I have an off-line machine and have never used any form of DAZ assistance to wreck my installation (I can do it quite well enough on my own, and need no help).
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

richardandtracy said:

Ah. Will it work for manual install?

Manual install is fine. The problem with Connect is that the products are installed in a different structure (each product in its own folder), which interferes with the way the plugin works.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,515
    Thanks. Regards, Richard.