Uninstalled product showing broken icons

I've gone through and removed all my PoserCF and Ps files (as they have Daz counterparts) but they still show broken (see picture). Is there a way of getting rid of those since they are no longer installed?

Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 11.12.34 AM.png
656 x 824 - 242K

Comments

• How did you remove them? The system thinks it is isntalled through DS itself (Daz Connect).

• AabacusAabacus Posts: 403

Richard Haseltine said:

How did you remove them? The system thinks it is isntalled through DS itself (Daz Connect).

I used Install Manager to get them in then just uninstalled with install Manager.   

I haven't used DazConnect yet.

• The ones without a circled triangle icon (top row, middle of the bottom row) are showing as installed through Connect.

Richard Haseltine said:

The ones without a circled triangle icon (top row, middle of the bottom row) are showing as installed through Connect.

The only time I take Daz online is to refresh metadata. I used it once or twice to install a handful of products a long time ago but I don't like to do it that way.  So those icons would not be accurate unfortunately. 

The thing in question, though, is that broken link on the top row that ends in PoserCF. I uninstalled with Daz Installer but it left that broken icon behind. I'm wondering if there is a way to get rid of it.   

Thanks for the help by the way. I always appreciate it when you peek at my weird issues!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,882
    edited June 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

The ones without a circled triangle icon (top row, middle of the bottom row) are showing as installed through Connect.

I'm guessing you are correct, Richard, but I've discovered that you can't always draw that conclusion.

I never log in to my account from Daz Studio now. I install everything with DIM. Ever since I prevented Daz Studio from logging in, none of the new products I install with DIM get that circled triangle icon. They have no additional icons and look just like a Daz Connect installation. The original Aabacus screenshot does not show whether the user is logged in or not.

In the attached screenshot, you can see that there is no Uninstall option in the right click menu as there would be if I had installed with Daz Connect.

Installed by DIM - no icon in DS.png
    561 x 392 - 117K
    Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I'm guessing you are correct, Richard, but I've discovered that you can't always draw that conclusion.

I never log in to my account from Daz Studio now. I install everything with DIM. Ever since I prevented Daz Studio from logging in, none of the new products I install with DIM get that circled triangle icon. They have no additional icons and look just like a Daz Connect installation. The original screenshot does not show whether the user is logged in or not.

yes, you said it better than me. I don't ever log on with connect and use DIM for everything. Just trying to get rid of that broken icon really.

• Actually, you are right - items that cannot be installed through DS would presumably not have the icon. ut of the items above that would apply only to the one with the missing icon

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,882

Richard Haseltine said:

Actually, you are right - items that cannot be installed through DS would presumably not have the icon. ut of the items above that would apply only to the one with the missing icon

I'm not sure what you mean by "items that cannot be installed through DS ". Perhaps you are referring to non-Daz products like Renderosity products??? 

I want to clarify again that Daz products installed by DIM, even ones that are also available in Daz Connect, do not have a little circle and triangle icon, as long as the user stays  logged out of DS. Look at my screenshot above. Products like Holt 8, which I installed with DIM, but is available in Daz Connect, does not have the circle and triangle. I contend that you cannot tell from the Aabacus screenshot, whether the Tangy Apple Orchard products were installed by Daz Connect or were installed by DIM while the user was logged out of DS and stayed logged out.

Anyway, none of this helps Aabacus. All he wants to do is to get rid of that thumbnail for the uninstalled product. How can he do that?

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Actually, you are right - items that cannot be installed through DS would presumably not have the icon. ut of the items above that would apply only to the one with the missing icon

I'm not sure what you mean by "items that cannot be installed through DS ". Perhaps you are referring to non-Daz products like Renderosity products??? 

I want to clarify again that Daz products installed by DIM, even ones that are also available in Daz Connect, do not have a little circle and triangle icon, as long as the user stays  logged out of DS. Look at my screenshot above. Products like Holt 8, which I installed with DIM, but is available in Daz Connect, does not have the circle and triangle. I contend that you cannot tell from the Aabacus screenshot, whether the Tangy Apple Orchard products were installed by Daz Connect or were installed by DIM while the user was logged out of DS and stayed logged out.

Anyway, none of this helps Aabacus. All he wants to do is to get rid of that thumbnail for the uninstalled product. How can he do that?

It's all good! Thanks! it's just weird that there isn't a right click delete.   

Honestly, in the land of things that are important this is at the bottom of the list but I'd still like to know how.

Thanks gents!!!

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440

If I may jump in...? The thumbnail appears to show that something is actually installed, just missing the graphic. I have a few like that, but I know they are installed, it's just that the filename is wrong, or the image is missing. What does the right-click menu contain? Is there a "Show Product in Content Library" (takes you to the alphanumeric Product list) or a "Browse to Folder Location" (takes you to the Content Library)? If you open the Additional Info panel at the bottom of the pane, does it show a Product name and number? What happens if you double click the product icon (same as right-click -> Explore)? Is there anything under All Files in the Explore pane? Are the files physically present on your disc?

NorthOf45 said:

If I may jump in...? The thumbnail appears to show that something is actually installed, just missing the graphic. I have a few like that, but I know they are installed, it's just that the filename is wrong, or the image is missing. What does the right-click menu contain? Is there a "Show Product in Content Library" (takes you to the alphanumeric Product list) or a "Browse to Folder Location" (takes you to the Content Library)? If you open the Additional Info panel at the bottom of the pane, does it show a Product name and number? What happens if you double click the product icon (same as right-click -> Explore)? Is there anything under All Files in the Explore pane? Are the files physically present on your disc?

I used DIM to uninstall the PoserCF file so when I try to browse there is no folder. If I do the "Show product" it goes to the content library but the icon is broken and it's empty. More information will take me to the "documentation page" about the product. Explore/2x click takes you to a broken icon and no files.   

It appears to me that the files were removed by DIM but the database in Daz isn't updated. There's still some remaining metadata.  

Thanks for all the thoughts!

If everything is gone, just delete the Product from the Product section of the Content Library (right-click). That should clear it out of the database.

When I right click the PoserCF product entry this is what I see.   

I thought it would be a right click delete as well but there's no entry. 

So strange.

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 11.43.19 AM.png
    700 x 826 - 263K

That's in the Smart Content tab. Go to the Content Library -> Products -> A. Right-click the Apple Hair...PoserCF product and delete.

NorthOf45 said:

That's in the Smart Content tab. Go to the Content Library -> Products -> A. Right-click the Apple Hair...PoserCF product and delete.

That did it! Thank you kindly! At least now I know how to do one at a time.  

Ugh...only 700 more to go. LOL.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,033

@Abacus, I had a mess of my library with DIM install but also Daz Connect install and updated over the years. Under Customer Service guidance, they had me Delete the product in the Product Library first, then uninstall and reinstall in DIM (If it was something I wanted to keep). It is important to start with that delete first in D|S, then the uninstall/reinstall steps in DIM. And now I keep myself logged off-line in D|S.