Why did my Genesis 8.1 only have limited expression adjustment?

I have reinstalled the Genesis 8 Malet and Female Starter Essentials and Powerpose Tempolates, But there was no help,Please help me.

360截图20210614114817816.jpg
499 x 905 - 33K

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

How did you install them (DIM/DAZ Central/DAZ Connect (inside DS/Smart Content)/Manual installation)?

Have you always used the same installation method or have you used several methods?

• eric0039eric0039 Posts: 0

PerttiA说:

您是如何安装它们的(DIM/DAZ Central/DAZ Connect(在 DS/Smart Content 内部)/手动安装)?

您是一直使用相同的安装方法还是使用了几种方法?

Well, I used to install DAZ4.15 manually, and recently I changed it to DIM online installation, but Genesis 8 Malet and Female Starter Essentials and Powerpose Tempolates I used DIM online update to install. 

360截图20210614114817816.jpg
    499 x 905 - 33K

If you search your drives (with windows explorer) for "G8_1F_Head.dxe" how many do you find and what is the complete path (starting with the drive letter) where they are found?

About the installation methods, the most important question is, have you ever installed or updated "Genesis 8 Starter Essentials" inside DS (In Smart Content)?

PerttiA说:

如果您在您的驱动器(使用 Windows 资源管理器)中搜索“G8_1F_Head.dxe”,您会找到多少个以及找到它们的完整路径(以驱动器号开头)是什么?

关于安装方法,最重要的问题是,你有没有在DS(In Smart Content)中安装或更新过《Genesis 8 Starter Essentials》吗?

• I only found one G8 1F head.dxe, path: I:\4Daz\2DazLibrary\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Tools\PowerPose

• I didn't use In Smart Content because it relies heavily on the database, which is another problem, because I only have 6GB VRAM, and using render preview mode often causes DAZ to crash, which In turn causes DAZ to start slowly or fail to start many times. This happens every three or four days on average.All I could do was keep overwriting the old database to work properly with DAZ, at the expense of the database being the old data.

PerttiA说:

如果您在您的驱动器(使用 Windows 资源管理器)中搜索“G8_1F_Head.dxe”,您会找到多少个以及找到它们的完整路径(以驱动器号开头)是什么?

关于安装方法,最重要的问题是,你有没有在DS(In Smart Content)中安装或更新过《Genesis 8 Starter Essentials》吗?

I have an idea that the Powerpose tools may be normal, and the Powerpose tools cannot detect the corresponding parameters, so the corresponding positions are not displayed, because some parameters of 8.0 are not included in 8.1.For example, pick up more eyelids upper up-down and mouth open.

edited June 2021

Ok, just checking...

1. Are you using DS 4.15 and the title in the upper left corner says DAZ Studio 4.15 Pro?
    2. You have specified the path "I:\4Daz\2DazLibrary" in "Content Directory Manager" under "DAZ Studio Formats"?

If some G8 parameters are not working, please follow this. It may also have an effect here;

Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading. 

The dummy/placeholder files are located in;

...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)

Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.

Some others are having the same problem, but so far we haven't found what is causing that,

Attached is how the PowerPose looks on my system with Genesis 8.1 Female

PPTemp.jpg
    1200 x 593 - 77K
    Post edited by PerttiA on

PerttiA said:

Ok, just checking...

1. Are you using DS 4.15 and the title in the upper left corner says DAZ Studio 4.15 Pro?
    2. You have specified the path "I:\4Daz\2DazLibrary" in "Content Directory Manager" under "DAZ Studio Formats"?

If some G8 parameters are not working, please follow this. It may also have an effect here;

Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading. 

Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.

Some others are having the same problem, but so far we haven't found what is causing that,

1. Ya, I use the 4.15.02 Pro version

2. I don't know much about Daz Studio Formats and Content Directory Manager, but I can use the commercial resources of Daz normally, and I think maybe the path will not be wrong

3. I:\4Daz\2DazLibrary\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head  (255 files)

I:\4Daz\2DazLibrary\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions (24 files)

I:\4Daz\2DazLibrary\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head (255 files)

I:\4Daz\2DazLibrary\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions (24 files)

4. I have tested some blue positions in the attached pictures, and they can be used normally, but the parts circled in red cannot be used.

-1.jpg
    1080 x 848 - 281K

PerttiA said:

Ok, just checking...

There is a change that needs to be explained. At the beginning, I installed g8.1. By default, I can't adjust any expression. I heard that other users are in the same situation. I deleted female 8 according to the prompts_ 1 and male 8_ 1 directory, the attachment is my current directory folder.

-2.jpg
    1336 x 445 - 105K
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378

Just for clarity, you deleted the dummy/placeholder expressions, correct?  The way you word it sounds like you deleted the directories.... 

nemesis10说:

为了清楚起见,您删除了虚拟/占位符表达式,对吗?你说的方式听起来像是你删除了目录.... 

Hello, Ya, I deleted two G8.1 specific folders under Male 8_1 and Female 8_1 directories,Location in I:\ 4DAZ \ 2DAZ Library\ Data \DAZ 3D\ GENESIS 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\ DAZ 3D and I:\ 4DAZ \ 2DAZ Library\ Data \DAZ 3D\ GENESIS 8\Male8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D.

I do this because if I don't delete it, any expression can't be adjusted, and even the eyes of the characters can't move. If I delete them, I can at least move the eyes of the characters. I also operate according to the prompts. The author says that there is no problem after many people's tests, and he has no problem in using them. As for the names of the two deleted folders, I forgot, But I'm sure they're not base pose head and expressions. If it's convenient for you, you can check your directory according to my screenshot.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378

I believe you are only supposed to the specific files (and not all of the files); this configuration works for me.

nemesis10 said:

I believe you are only supposed to the specific files (and not all of the files); this configuration works for me.

The number of files in the directory of Base Pose Head and Expressions is not missing, which is a strange problem.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375
    edited November 2022

PerttiA said:

Ok, just checking...

Does this still work?

I deleted the files in those folders (as per attached screenshot proving those folders are empty) but still cant load G8 expressions on G8.1

Note about screenshot: I have two Daz 3D content directories.

1. All Daz 3D content

2. Just the Default Daz 3D Content (used for content creation)

Anyway, if i remove every single directory, leaving just one of either of those two directories (after deleting the expression dummy files), expressions still dont work  

Could it be coming from Daz Connect? What even is that lol

Capture.JPG
    2329 x 951 - 194K
    fdgfgfg.JPG
    305 x 234 - 16K
    Post edited by lilweep on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375
    edited November 2022

Oh okay, i deleted it from the Daz Connect file directory and that solved issue.  Now how to remove Daz Connect entirely...

Post edited by lilweep on

To get rid of DAZ Connect installed versions of content, one needs to uninstall them within DS (in 'smart' content)

DAZ Connect inside DAZ Studio was created at a time DAZ experimented with encrypted content, which did require logging in to DS/DAZ servers to verify the users licence for that content. The experimentation with encrypted content was ended some 5-6 years ago, but the user is still asked to log in without being told why or being warned about the possible consequences and side effects - Sometimes decryption errors occur due to the content still being encrypted at DAZ servers that are used by DAZ connect to download them.

The installation location DAZ Connect uses is non-traditional, which does not work with scripts and older content, and whatever gets installed by DAZ Connect, overrides the installations made by the other installation methods (DIM/DAZ Central/Manual installation), even when the DAZ Connect installations fail to work due to for example decryption failures. If content is installed by either DIM or DAZ Central and again with DAZ Connect inside DAZ Studio, the content is installed twice, taking twice the space on ones drive.

Logging in to DS is only needed if one chooses to use DAZ Connect as ones primary method of installing content, otherwise it is only making a mess out of the content installations.