Image Series - Delay in between frames, how to fix?

Hi, 

I am using Daz3D mainly to render animations (image series of moving objects). I noticed that there is a significant delay in between frames. For instance, when frame 1 has completed rendering it seems like the whole scene is reinitialized for frame 2 to start to render, making Daz3D completly unresponsive for about 30-50 seconds, after which it is picking up the render again. 

Is there nay way to avoid that, as it makes render times much longer. 

Thanks,
G. 

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • Yeah iray .. this logic by daz is very weird. Normally textures and geometry can be loaded into vram and then accessed from there, not sure why that has to happen on each frame as the textures/geometry stays the same. I never noticed tat until I switched to a RTX, now render time for one HQ image is roughly 40-50sec + those 30-50 sec in between renders. It basically adds an hour to about 150 frames which is really frustrating. 

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,591

ggrancharov said:

Yeah iray .. this logic by daz is very weird. Normally textures and geometry can be loaded into vram and then accessed from there, not sure why that has to happen on each frame as the textures/geometry stays the same. I never noticed tat until I switched to a RTX, now render time for one HQ image is roughly 40-50sec + those 30-50 sec in between renders. It basically adds an hour to about 150 frames which is really frustrating. 

If you have enough VRAM, you could render the first frame to a new window and stop the render but don't close the window. While leaving the first render window open, render out your image series.

HTH.

- Greg

• algovincian said:

ggrancharov said:

Yeah iray .. this logic by daz is very weird. Normally textures and geometry can be loaded into vram and then accessed from there, not sure why that has to happen on each frame as the textures/geometry stays the same. I never noticed tat until I switched to a RTX, now render time for one HQ image is roughly 40-50sec + those 30-50 sec in between renders. It basically adds an hour to about 150 frames which is really frustrating. 

If you have enough VRAM, you could render the first frame to a new window and stop the render but don't close the window. While leaving the first render window open, render out your image series.

HTH.

- Greg

I'll try that, thank you.

• algovincian said:

ggrancharov said:

HTH.

- Greg

I'll try that, thank you.