Unable to Render Rogue Element Wardrobe Set

SephirothSephiroth Posts: 12

I have tried everything from updating Daz Studio, the package itself (Which did reduce the file sizes of the base items by a factor of 10), ensured that my CPU threads weren't maxed out, and that my NVidia drivers were the most up to date as of 6/12/21 and the Studio versions at that. I have an RTX3090 & Titan V, but as many have been saying Daz Studio will ignore GPU's in favor of CPU's and if it doesn't have a CPU to default to it will just not render? Either way I am attaching screenshots, and the Log File. I am at a complete loss for what is happening and how to fix it. I am also a novice when it comes to graphics and this type of artwork. I would also like to note that when I was rendering images with up to 3 Morningstar Wings, assets that are 1.5MB in size each, I was able to render the image in 76 seconds. It had approximately 256MiB of Geometry and over 1 GiB of Textures. So the issue isn't related to file size of the asset, but seems to be a function of the geometry size because textures aren't an issue apparently.

All of my render settings are at the their default levels save the Pixel dimensions of course. Literally everything else is defaulted: Quality Level 1, Rendering Converged Ratio is at 95%, etc. No special settings, no knobs being turned, nothing out of the norm. These GPU's should eat rendering alive but instead they aren't even being touched and my out of date i7 processer is taking a beating causing my PC to freeze. I have also loaded known renderable scenes, stripped them of their assets, then added these Rogue Elements to the scene and am having the same issue. I verify it isn't the original file by reloading them and testing them with no issues. So far this is the only Asset Package that is giving me this kind of trouble because it seems to be the only package that is heavy on the Geometries over the Textures.

With that being said, I also realized that Pixel count has no bearing on the Geometry either so the issue has to be that the assets themselves, Rogue Element armor set, is the culprit and that it somehow has an exorbitant amount of Geometry? If that is the case is it even possible to render this with any amount of High Quality? I was able to make a render at 1074 x 1074 but for my purposes, that isn't high enough quality and I need at least 4 MP.  So why would I be able to render it at that lower quality of 1 MP but bumping it up a notch crashes my computer? I really need some help because this is the only asset I am having issue with and it is a gorgeous armor set that I paid for that is apparently useless to me.

I apologize if this is all over the place.

Base Scene and PC Statistics.png
1888 x 1036 - 614K
Render Settings.png
529 x 879 - 33K
Render Settings 1.png
521 x 698 - 39K
txt
txt
Original Log File.txt
Post edited by Sephiroth on

Comments

• Your log shows one attempt to render, which seems to have esulted in a crash at the beginning, and then three restarts of Daz Studio. If the issue is a system crash, rather than just DS, then the suspects would be the driver (try a slightly older, ideally Studio, version) or a hardware issue.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

It's not so much Studio ignoring GPUs in favor of CPUs.It's actually a bit more complicated, but not much.

If I'm reading the log correctly, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

It looks like you have 16GB of system Ram.

12GB Titan 5

24GB RTX 3090

Both cards are enabled in the Advanced Render Settings.

That means your renders need to fit on the 12GB card or else it drops to CPU.

The 3090 will be ignored if the scene doesn't fit the Titan.

Remove the titan and everything will be rendered on the 3090.

The screen shot of the task manager says you had only 8GB available. If the scene won't fit on your 16GB of system ram when it drops to CPU, your PC will go OOM(out of memory) and probably crash or halt as it starts thrashing the disk drive writing to swap.

Test this, I'm pretty sure you can just uncheck the box for the Titan on the Advanced Render Settings menu and it won't be considered for renders. See if it fits on the 3090.I don't have this set to test it out, so I don't know how much VRAM it takes up during render time. But over 12GB sounds like alot for just the outfit and a character.The 3090's 24GTB should handle it though.

• SephirothSephiroth Posts: 12
    No its definitely Daz 3D and the hardware is 100% not the issue, nor are the previous drivers since the only issue I have been having is with this asset and this asset only. I only saved 1 attempt in the log file because I didn't think all of my efforts being in vain were necessary for this issue to be seen. The issue is the assets have way to much geometry, whether that's polygons, triangles, vertices, etc. Idk and I do not know how to reduce them either through Daz Studio or if the asset itself is simply to geometry dense regardless
  • SephirothSephiroth Posts: 12
    edited June 2021
    IceCrMn you were right. I turned off the Titan V and the CPU for that matter to see what would happen and the RTX 3090 was in fact able to handle it all on her own!!!!
    Post edited by Sephiroth on