Genesis 8.1 female pose compatibility

Not sure if I'm in the right place or not but I own this product https://www.daz3d.com/sword-poses-for-genesis-8-female# and was wondering why I can't get it to work with genesis 8.1 female. If I apply the pose I get the pop up like normal but the figure itself doesn't take on the pose I select

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Even thouigh it says genesis 8.1 on the compatibility section, that is normal for them to place that there when a new figure is released. These poses are designed for genesis 8 and use hierarchical scripting which is figure specific. You could return it and get a refund, or use it on genesis 8 and then save that pose and then use the saved pose on genesis 8.1

• docbotherdocbother Posts: 106
    edited June 2021

Same issue getting it to work with Kiko 8.1. Then tried with base G8F - works fine. Tried agiain with Genesis 8.1 female base - no luck. I tried it with "expressions" deselected, knowing that face rigging is different for 8.1, but still didn't work. Curses.

Going to try your suggestion saving as an true G8F pose then load it to an 8.1 figure.

[Edit] FYI: Saved G8F pose to a pose file using Save As...  Loaded G81F base and applied the pose i just saved. It loaded the body portion just fine but the facial express was lost. Just the default blank stare. The G8F I saved it from has the appropriate "Aaarg!" snarl.

Post edited by docbother on
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on