How do I fix script icons with exclamation marks.

When I was about to run script to turn on Advanced Iray Node Properties the icons had exclamationmarks and I could not run script.

DAZ could not find the script.

But, if I did hower over Icon and got the popup window it pointed to the correct place and file.

Also, selecting Browse to File Location opens the correct folder.

How do I get DAZ to understand thet the script actually exists just where it is supposed to be?

Comments

• An exclamation mark in the frame is OK - the script doesn't have a thumbnail image - you could always add one (a 91 pixel square PNG with the same name as the script). If there is also an exclamation mark at lower-left, in a view driven by the database (i.e. not in the Content Library under Daz Studio Formats), then the actual script file is not being found. Does it actually complain that it can't find the file, or is it apparently failing in some other way?

• hellbornhellborn Posts: 59
    edited June 2021

If I add an object, select it and try to run the script from inside DAZ I get a message asking me if I want to save the scene before closing.

If I click no then I get a new error Could not open file :/Script/Utilities/Create Advanced Iray Node Properties.dse
    File does not exist.

I can however select object, right click script icon an choose Browse to file location and when file browser opens, double click the script and run it that way. 

Post edited by hellborn on
  • That sounds like a metadata or installation issue. If you find the Default Resources product in the Products tab of Smart Content does it have a circled-triangle icon at top-right of the thumbnail? If not try right-clicking on the thumbnail and selecting Uninstall - it may be that the system is showing a Connect (through Daz Studio) install that doesn't in fact exist (which would prevent it from using the Install Manager installation files).

• hellbornhellborn Posts: 59

Seems to have solved the problem.

However.

I can't find the Default Resource icon under Smart Content any more.

But maybe thats not a problem.

I can still find the script using Content Libraray and it now works. :)

• Is it in Content Library>Products>D, and if so does it have its files or just the option to install? It may be that you already had a manual install, so the Content Management System simply didn't know it was there.