Odd render artifact

As you can see, around this model's wrists it looks almost like she has bracelets or Frankestein scars. The odd thing is I've used this model over and over in other scenes and this hasn't happened. It's onlty in this one render. Any thoughts on what might be causing it?

Odd render artifact.jpg
451 x 277 - 29K

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,893

What character/skin are you using? It's possible that those are caused by a combination of displacement and diffuse overlay, neither of which show up in the viewport.

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 905

The mats come from a character named Aurore for Genesis 8 and 3 female.

https://www.daz3d.com/aurore-for-genesis-3-and-8-female

Certainly doesn't explain that, then. What's in Currently Used under Parameters?

You mean for the arms or in general? There's quite a bit in general due to things like the body and facy morphs, and the pose she is in. I looked at the arms and it's nothing but morphs for the pose. Twists on the forearms, that kind of thing.

So, just to test, I loaded up my saved default version of the character and did a quick render zoomed in on one of her arms. As you can see, no artifact like in that other scene. So it seems to be something specific to that scene. She's wearing the same clothes as in the version I tested. The only differences would be the pose, background scenery and lighting.

Render test.jpg
    974 x 673 - 276K

If it's not a material setting, it pretty much has to be a geograft or some such. 

edited June 2021

Actually, I think it has something to do with the pose. Here's a crop of an earlier image, from the same render series. Literally the only difference is I changed to her current pose because I thought the other pose looked too stiff and boring.

Earlier pose.jpg
    286 x 120 - 8K
    Post edited by Riggswolfe on

I can confirm it was the pose. I changed to a new pose and the artifact instantly disappeared. The old pose came from a pose set called Talking and Explaining. I'm in the middle of a new render so can't look at the exact name in my content library sadly.