Why is my preview window not updating when on IRAY?

Hexdrake21Hexdrake21 Posts: 94

Why is my preview window not updating when on IRAY?

I seem to be having a problem with my Iray window updating. It started a couple of days ago. My preview window updates extremely slowly, someimes over a couple of minutes and sometimes never. Changes were previously almost instantaneous. Turning everything off in the scene didn't seem to help, and the issue seems to come and go but is persistant. I tried a memory purge and restart of Daz and the PC (several times), which didn't help. My graphics card seems to work just fine on other games, and it seems strange it would just suddenly stop working. Has there been some sort of update that might be causing an issue, or might I have an option I inadvertantly checked which is causing this? I need to be able to see changes reflected in the preview window in a reasonable amount of time, otherwise I might as well be working blind when using sfx shading.

System Specs

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor               3.70 GHz

32 Gb Installed RAM

NVIDIA  GeForce RTX 3070

Window updating too slowly.jpg
2560 x 1440 - 413K
Post edited by Hexdrake21 on

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

Are you running the iray preview in both the aux viewport and the veiwport at the same time?

• Hexdrake21Hexdrake21 Posts: 94

I normally don't use the aux viewport and didn't think of that. It may be running invisibly. Still, just loaded a basic model into Daz and it's not rendering in the viewport, so I must have hit something. $20 million for the one who can tell me where the setting is I can't find devil !

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Is it waiting for you to select an area to spot render? (the selected tool)

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

Might try making sure you've got the latest nvidia studio studio driver installed and even reinstalling the same one you think is already installed.  WIndows has a funny habit of overwriting GPU drivers durring updates.

Installed the studio driver and that seemed to fix some of the issues I've been having.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,915

Hexdrake21 said:

Installed the studio driver and that seemed to fix some of the issues I've been having.

If you want notifications that there is a driver update for your Nvidia card, download GeForce Experience and it will tell you when new updates are available.You will need to go into into it and set it to notify you. It will do a pop up thats says there is one. Nvidia updates about every month.

thanks, frank. I thought it did that auto -- I'll look at my settings wink