Daz to Maya - Instances found. They need to be replaced before export. Replace them?

I tried exporting to Maya using the bridge and get this error [: Instances found. They need to be replaced before export. Replace them?]. I don't know how to replace them? Instances of what exactly, anyway? There is no information to help with this message. Anyone have a clue what I am supposed to do to correct this? Same character exported via FBX results with multiple skeletons in Maya. Is that the instance problem? Trying to get Zuna into Maya so I can use Advanced skeleton to rig her. As of now anything attached to the model gets exported with it's own skeleton. I just want one skeleton for all items attached to her with proper skinning. 

Any and all help is greatly appreciated in fixing this or just getting me in the right direction to fixing this.

Thank you!!!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Instances are "live copies" of a source item. Given that it's a question does it not do the job for you (at the expense of more data)? I don't have Maya so can't test.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Instances are "live copies" of a source item. Given that it's a question does it not do the job for you (at the expense of more data)? I don't have Maya so can't test.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for any confusion. I know what instances are in terms of the definition regarding 3D objects. There are options to of yes and no in the dialogue box but if i choose yes it seems I am expected to fix them manually (have no clue how to do this part) and if I choose no then DS just includes everything and I end up with multiple skeletons in Maya (one skeleton for each asset, i.e. clothing, jewelry, hair, etc) which I think is what DS is perceiving as instances. Again, I don't know DS at all so this is just my noob theory. If I want to have the assets all parented to the main root; how do I do this in DS? 

Thanks!

• You can group things - select them and then Create>New Group - or you can select all bar one and in the Scene pane drag them onto the remaining item.

• Thanks Richard! I'll try your suggestion and see if I have any luck with it.