DAZ Cloud issues (failure to get metadata or download products)

Hello.

It seems DAZ Cloud has problesm. I can't download products nor update metadata.

Excerpt from log for download:

2021-06-07 22:49:50.126 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): curl_easy_perform(https://hpclscruffy.daz3d.com/Customer/get_download_location_by_path?product_id=1853&SID=wvBaKRosSINBvY-fT52ZDZXvT20qtGXqQ8Jbbo0YF2eJiKJsfCSe) failed: HTTP response code said error
2021-06-07 22:49:50.126 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Could not fetch download information for product: 1853
2021-06-07 22:50:13.641 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Could not adjust thumbnail path from support path: /Runtime/Support/DAZ_3D_Mars_the_planet.dsx
2021-06-07 22:50:32.853 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): curl_easy_perform(https://hpclscruffy.daz3d.com/Customer/get_download_path?product_id=1853&file_path=runtime/libraries/pose/new beetle/wn_down.rsr&SID=wvBaKRosSINBvY-fT52ZDZXvT20qtGXqQ8Jbbo0YF2eJiKJsfCSe) failed: HTTP response code said error
2021-06-07 22:50:32.853 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): getFileInformation failed, url: https://hpclscruffy.daz3d.com/Customer/get_download_path?product_id=1853&file_path=runtime/libraries/pose/new beetle/wn_down.rsr&SID=wvBaKRosSINBvY-fT52ZDZXvT20qtGXqQ8Jbbo0YF2eJiKJsfCSe
2021-06-07 22:50:32.884 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): curl_easy_perform(https://hpclscruffy.daz3d.com/Customer/get_download_path?product_id=1853&file_path=runtime/libraries/pose/new beetle/wn_dark.rsr&SID=wvBaKRosSINBvY-fT52ZDZXvT20qtGXqQ8Jbbo0YF2eJiKJsfCSe) failed: HTTP response code said error
2021-06-07 22:50:32.884 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): getFileInformation failed, url: https://hpclscruffy.daz3d.com/Customer/get_download_path?product_id=1853&file_path=runtime/libraries/pose/new beetle/wn_dark.rsr&SID=wvBaKRosSINBvY-fT52ZDZXvT20qtGXqQ8Jbbo0YF2eJiKJsfCSe
2021-06-07 22:50:32.903 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): curl_easy_perform(https://hpclscruffy.daz3d.com/Customer/get_download_path?product_id=1853&file_path=runtime/libraries/pose/new beetle/wn_up.rsr&SID=wvBaKRosSINBvY-fT52ZDZXvT20qtGXqQ8Jbbo0YF2eJiKJsfCSe) failed: HTTP response code said error
2021-06-07 22:50:32.903 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): getFileInformation failed, url: https://hpclscruffy.daz3d.com/Customer/get_download_path?product_id=1853&file_path=runtime/libraries/pose/new beetle/wn_up.rsr&SID=wvBaKRosSINBvY-fT52ZDZXvT20qtGXqQ8Jbbo0YF2eJiKJsfCSe
2021-06-07 22:50:32.994 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): curl_easy_perform(https://hpclscruffy.daz3d.com/Customer/get_download_path?product_id=1853&file_path=runtime/weblinks/daz productions, inc/mimic voice software.pzs&SID=wvBaKRosSINBvY-fT52ZDZXvT20qtGXqQ8Jbbo0YF2eJiKJsfCSe) failed: HTTP response code said error
2021-06-07 22:50:32.995 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): getFileInformation failed, url: https://hpclscruffy.daz3d.com/Customer/get_download_path?product_id=1853&file_path=runtime/weblinks/daz productions, inc/mimic voice software.pzs&SID=wvBaKRosSINBvY-fT52ZDZXvT20qtGXqQ8Jbbo0YF2eJiKJsfCSe
2021-06-07 22:50:33.010 "2001 EU Auto": Install Failed.

Excerpt for products:

2021-06-07 22:55:30.707 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Could not adjust thumbnail path from support path: /Runtime/Support/DAZ_3D_Mars_the_planet.dsx
2021-06-07 22:55:42.161 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): curl_easy_perform(https://hpclscruffy.daz3d.com/Customer/check_state.json) failed: HTTP response code said error
2021-06-07 22:55:42.162 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Could not load master hashes.
2021-06-07 22:55:42.162 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(660): sync completed with errors, 0 items succeeded, 1 items failed.
2021-06-07 22:55:42.162 Metadata update failed: 0 items succeeded, 1 items failed.
2021-06-07 22:55:43.265 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Could not adjust thumbnail path from support path: /Runtime/Support/DAZ_3D_Mars_the_planet.dsx

Anybody is having same issue?

Comments

• Some products do seem to have issues - I havbe a number of reports in, all I can suggest is making your own.

• KlimaxKlimax Posts: 23

Looks like technicians got the problem resolved. Both metadata and products seems to be downloading correctly again.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on

cridgit said:

I've been having various DAZ cloud errors for over 18 months. I just ask for refunds nowadays - that's the only customer-facing team still doing good work IMHO.

DAZ Cloud is pretty fragile and buggy thing, but at least DIM still works.

Anyway, DAZ Cloud is broken once more. Just general warning. (WTF are they doing there)

• Klimax said:

cridgit said:

I've been having various DAZ cloud errors for over 18 months. I just ask for refunds nowadays - that's the only customer-facing team still doing good work IMHO.

DAZ Cloud is pretty fragile and buggy thing, but at least DIM still works.

Anyway, DAZ Cloud is broken once more. Just general warning. (WTF are they doing there)

I had no issues with DIM and Connect around the time you posted.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

cridgit said:

Well I'm guessing DAZ uses a CDN and I'm guessing my computer is being pointed to a local CDN server whereas their computers are being pointed to a DAZ HQ server. So ya duh its going to work for them and because its working for them there's no problem and the ticket gets closed.

Reminds me of a case when a device was completely unusable for me but the manufacturer was unable to reproduce the problem, even when they built an exact copy of my system and said they had "everything" installed and set the same as mine...

Eventually, I reconfigured my system as if I was living with them and the device did work - The culprit turned out to be a country selection on the drivers, which had very little effect on the function of the device, but if you selected an european country, there was a problem that didn't appear if US or Canada was chosen - So much for "exactly" the same...

• cridgit said:

Richard, that's a similar response I get from CS when I report DAZ Connect errors. This isn't a one-time thing; it's a recurring problem with multiple products over an extended period of time. "Oh its working for us" they say.

Well I'm guessing DAZ uses a CDN and I'm guessing my computer is being pointed to a local CDN server whereas their computers are being pointed to a DAZ HQ server. So ya duh its going to work for them and because its working for them there's no problem and the ticket gets closed.

So I STILL can't use over 60 products I've paid money for. That's what's annoying me and so many other people.

I'm not denying that - I have several reports in over bad downloads through Connect (though a handful was, more or less, fixed yesterday). I was simply wishing to point out that these are not always universal issues - which can make them hard to troubleshoot.

edited June 2021

Sigh. Looks like all the problems with DAZ Cloud just screwed up database. Again... Which is just perfect, because the only way is to nuke it all and redownload it all. (We are talking about hundreds of gigabytes of data) Only because nobody in DAZ understands concept of recovery. (DAZ uses bloody SQL database, there are ways how to fix things without nuking it all)

Post edited by Klimax on
  • Klimax said:

Sigh. Looks like all the problems with DAZ Cloud just screwed up database. Again... Which is just perfect, because the only way is to nuke it all and redownload it all. (We are talking about hundreds of gigabytes of data) Only because nobody in DAZ understands concept of recovery. (DAZ uses bloody SQL database, there are ways how to fix things without nuking it all)

If you are using Connect then, although you do have to reinstall, the applciation should spot the existing files and just validate them rather than having to fully redownload. If you installed using another method you can just reimport the metadata.

Whether Daz understands the issues is another matter - the tools they offer have to work for non-experts, which may well constrain the options for example.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

I have just uninstalled and reimported all my library through DIM over the past two days, over 7000 items, without any problems. I'm in the UK.

Richard Haseltine said:

Klimax said:

If you are using Connect then, although you do have to reinstall, the applciation should spot the existing files and just validate them rather than having to fully redownload. If you installed using another method you can just reimport the metadata.

Whether Daz understands the issues is another matter - the tools they offer have to work for non-experts, which may well constrain the options for example.

After DAZ Connect runs update on metadata, then all info on preexisting files in directory is completely lost. (After recent second to last reset I had opportunity to see it in action - metadata reimport found files, but after Connect update all products were marked as not-installed)