Rera 8.1 morph seems to be missing from Product or improperly working

Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396

When I load the [Rera 8.1 morph] character, it loads on Genesis Female 8. When I load 8.1 to apply the morph manually, the mouth becomes disfigured.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• This https://www.daz3d.com/rera-and-rera-hair-for-genesis-8-females ? It's Genesis 8 female, not Genesis 8.1. Does 8.1 load correctly otherwise? It might be that another, 8.1-only, shape is loading on a nominally base 8.1 female and the combination is distorting the mouth.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

May not be a problem with Rera 8.1

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6784726/#Comment_6784726

If you select the G8.1 figure in the "Scene tab", and select "Show hidden" and "Currently used" in "Parameters tab", which parameter dials have a non zero value?

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396

This is from the product page:

"Compatible Figures: Genesis 8 Female, Genesis 8.1 Female"

If I load Rera. it loads on GF8. Thus, Kiko is not listed in the shape tab. If I load GF8.1 base, I have the Rera shapes in the shape tab. I apply the Rera head morph onto the base and the mouth disfigures.

So, the product page explicitly states that it is complatible with 8.1. That was a selling point. It does not work as stated.

Here is screenshot.

Rera GF81 disfigured.jpg
    2500 x 1755 - 1M

Looks exactly like the other figure on the thread I linked.

Check which hidden dials have non-zero value. There is probably a G8.1 figure that you have installed and is causing that.

• I wasn't suggesting it shouldn't be compatible with Genesis 8.1, just pointing out that the 8.1 in the name you gave was incorrect and explaing why it may work on Genesis 8 but not 8.1 - that there is another character shape already applied by default. Try loading Genesis 8.1 female, then go to Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure Shape - does it chnage? If it does, does the Rera shape now apply correctly?

There were 3 Rera mouth poses in the Parameters Tab at 100%. I zeroed them and the mouth is no longer distorted. This supports my point that the product is in error. It shouldn't be like this. Thank you for the helpful hint. Though, I still think that this should be resolved in the actual product. Are we going to have to check every character to make sure nothing is being distorted from not being set up properly? Not all characters are like this, so what is going on with Rera?

Rera GF81 not disfigured.jpg
    2927 x 2136 - 1M
  • I suspect they are linked to Genesis 8 Female expression sliders - Genesis 8.1 doesn't load those, it has its own expression controls. Depending on how the linkages were set up that might well then cause the morphs to fire when they were not needed. Please report this to support so that it can be fixed (with luck just a rejig of the order in which the connections are made in the morph files).

edited June 2021

What is the full name of the third hidden dial "...EnFullFaceHD"? That doesn't sound like belonging to Rera

Post edited by PerttiA on

Sorry for the confusion. I meant to type 8 in the post. In the title I was implying that an 8.1 morph in the product was missing or not working right. Thank you for the help.

These controls turn on at 100 when the Rera character or head morphs are applied.

Rera controls that apply to GF81 when Rera character morphs are applied.jpg
    1112 x 996 - 332K
  • I'm pretty sure that they are set to add the value of the Rera Morph and multiply the result by the matching base expression - on Genesis 8 with the expressions installed that will cause the expression correction to fire only as needed. However, without the expression, as on Genesis 8.1, there's no multiplier and so the thing is always on when the morph is. I think if it's changed so the expression is added and the Rera morph multiplies it will work either way. QA or the artist should handle that if you report the issue (or figure out the real problem if that isn't it).